Segway Safari and Beach Fun at Castries, St. Lucia

luv_crusing

On 8/3/2023 at 2:46 AM, luv_crusing said:

Has anyone done the Segway Safari and Beach Fun at Castries, St. Lucia?

From the tour description, it's a 5 hour tour and includes the Segway tour, then a beach break... Any feedback is appreciated... 

•  

This sounds like a lot of fun...except my sister is accident prone, so the Segway part may be a risk - heck she can do something else while my boyfriend and I maybe do this! 

I'm going to follow along and hope to see other responses soon.

5 hours ago, olemissreb said:

This sounds like a lot of fun...except my sister is accident prone, so the Segway part may be a risk - heck she can do something else while my boyfriend and I maybe do this! 

I'm going to follow along and hope to see other responses soon.

Segways are unbelievably fun... We did an 8 hour Segway tour in Rome to see the ancient city earlier in the year... That was absolutely fantastic because most of the historic sites in Rome are walking tours, and we rode our Segways slowly within the crowds to see the sights, then quickly between the sites... It was expensive, but well worth the cost to see everything within a day..

• 5 months later...
On 8/3/2023 at 3:46 AM, luv_crusing said:

Has anyone done the Segway Safari and Beach Fun at Castries, St. Lucia?

From the tour description, it's a 5 hour tour and includes the Segway tour, then a beach break... Any feedback is appreciated... 

Did you end up doing this excursion? we are looking for feedback too!

13 minutes ago, Frogger22 said:

Did you end up doing this excursion? we are looking for feedback too!

No... We haven't gone on our cruise yet, but in any case, we've booked to go to Marigot Bay for St. Lucia instead...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick feedback on the Segway Tour..

We ended up booking the Segway tour at the last minute since the tour we originally booked for Marigot Bay was cancelled..

After getting off the ship, you need to fill in and sign a disclaimer with the usual conditions that you accept the risk, etc... After that, you get on a small tour bus and get taken to the office of the tour company where the Segway tour starts.. Bus ride was about 20 minutes or so.. The tour group was pretty small at around 15 people..

The Segways provided are the X2 off-road versions with big knobbly tires instead of the normal ones you find in the cities.. They ride exactly the same, so you should get used to them quickly..

The off-road trail is about 2 miles long, from the office up to the top of a hill, then back down the trail and ends back at the office..  It took about an hour to do the Segway route, including stops for scenery and photos.. We feel that the Segway portion of the tour was a bit short, but it was still fun.. There were 3 guides making sure everyone was safe, so that was quite well done..

After the Segway tour, we were put back on the bus and taken on a tour of the nice part of Reduit Bay, with frequent stops by the guide to pick up various leaves, herbs and grasses from the side of the road for us to smell and telling us about the healing properties of each herb/leaves/grasses.. That took about 30 minutes or so, then the bus brought us to Reduit Beach..

At the beach, we had the option of using the yacht club indoors for free or to rent sun loungers with umbrella for US$20 for two people.. Reduit Beach was pretty crowded with sun loungers placed side by side on pretty much the entire beach.. You could order drinks and food from the restaurants that are on the beach.. Prices are pretty much tourist typical over priced, e.g. US$5 for a fresh coconut, US$15 for fresh coconut with rum, etc.. We were given 2 hours to spend on the beach before being taken back to the ship..

In summary, this tour cost us US$119 per person, bought on the cruise last minute, which I feel is on the high side for what you get, but it does include a fun ride on a Segway, so it is still a pretty unique tour..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, olemissreb said:

Thank you @luv_crusing. This sounds great. How long was the excursion? Did I read correctly that you booked this thru the cruiseline? If so, which cruiseline? Still thinking this could be fun for my boyfriend and I.

This was booked on Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Desk while on the ship.. The excursion was from 9am to about 2pm.. Around 5 hours total.. 

• Like 1