Does my husband need a separate P&O account?

bronzevernis

It's a bit confusing. I've just done our check-in online. After I uploaded our mugshots it stated that if my husband wanted to amend or remove his photo he would need to log in to his own account. He doesn't have one. I did the booking and have been managing it. Does he need to set up an account and if so, how does it link to our booking?

Also, when it comes to the My Holiday "app" does he need an account for that too, or does it just operate using the last 6 digits on his cruise card onboard?

I've tried to find the answers to this on the P&O website but had no luck with this.

The P&O booking reference for your cruise (which you used to access your Cruise Personaliser) will also enable your husband to log in to the Cruise Personaliser (should he wish to amend his photo etc).

When you booked your first P&O cruise you would have both been allocated a separate Peninsular Club (loyalty club) number. This stays with you forever and is what you will need should you need to log in to your account(s). I think that the accounts are set up automatically but we’ve had ours for decades so I can’t remember. 

On the cruise itself all you need is the last 6 digits from your boarding pass or keycard to activate the app and you are all set. No need to log into accounts. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bronzevernis said:

It's a bit confusing. I've just done our check-in online. After I uploaded our mugshots it stated that if my husband wanted to amend or remove his photo he would need to log in to his own account. He doesn't have one. I did the booking and have been managing it. Does he need to set up an account and if so, how does it link to our booking?

Also, when it comes to the My Holiday "app" does he need an account for that too, or does it just operate using the last 6 digits on his cruise card onboard?

I've tried to find the answers to this on the P&O website but had no luck with this.

One will have been created from his name.  Just use the booking reference, name and date of birth, it should open into your booking in his name then.

It can be useful as my log in corrupted dining bookings last year but logging into my husband's account it was uncorrupted.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. This is our first ever cruise. I can see my account number when I log into my account, but not my husband's. I have seen his number somewhere before, but can't find it this time. 

There seems to be 2 different aspects to logging in - my account - which has my details....and the the booking itself which requires first and last name, DOB and booking reference. I don't know why P&O splits it like this - it would be so much easier if you accessed your booking and account details by logging in once into your account. Its not very user friendly.

I've logged into our booking using my husband's details, but his account number doesn't appear there.

In practical terms, he doesn't need to access his account. I tend to do all the booking and sort out travel stuff generally with holidays. He just hands over the card!

I’m afraid that P&Os IT isn’t fit for purpose. Never has been. Do you have your P&O booking confirmation for your cruise yet? If so, your husbands loyalty number (which is all you need to access his account) will be in the ‘Passenger Information’ section. It will say ‘My Account Number’. It’s usually 8 digits, 2 letters, 5 numbers and a final letter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I’m afraid that P&Os IT isn’t fit for purpose. Never has been. Do you have your P&O booking confirmation for your cruise yet? If so, your husbands loyalty number (which is all you need to access his account) will be in the ‘Passenger Information’ section. It will say ‘My Account Number’. It’s usually 8 digits, 2 letters, 5 numbers and a final letter. 

Thank you! Yes, just checked our booking confirmation and my husband's loyalty number is there!

Boarding passes and luggage labels printed. Just speciality dining to book as soon as it opens in a week's time. We are really looking forward to our first ever cruise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bronzevernis said:

Thank you! Yes, just checked our booking confirmation and my husband's loyalty number is there!

Boarding passes and luggage labels printed. Just speciality dining to book as soon as it opens in a week's time. We are really looking forward to our first ever cruise.

You are welcome. Glad to be of help. You never forget your first cruise. Which ship are you going on?

Just now, Selbourne said:

You are welcome. Glad to be of help. You never forget your first cruise. Which ship are you going on?

Iona! To the Fjords we go! Both of us are in need of a holiday, the last 6 months at work have been a bit too much. We're looking to just relaxing and taking it easy. 

1 minute ago, bronzevernis said:

Iona! To the Fjords we go! Both of us are in need of a holiday, the last 6 months at work have been a bit too much. We're looking to just relaxing and taking it easy. 

You will love it. I always recommend a 7 night fjords cruise as the best for a first cruise. You have a sea day at the start to explore the ship, a couple of port days in reasonable sized places and a couple of days in beautiful scenery. Also a final sea day to relax after your exploits. Norway is also a fabulous country and is so much less frenetic than here.

We go on Iona for the first time next week and are looking forward to experiencing all that she has to offer. You will have one massive advantage over us, in that if you are going in 3 weeks time you will be going just after the kids go back to school. We shall be sharing our cruise experience with well over 1,000 of the blighters 😂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

You will love it. I always recommend a 7 night fjords cruise as the best for a first cruise. You have a sea day at the start to explore the ship, a couple of port days in reasonable sized places and a couple of days in beautiful scenery. Also a final sea day to relax after your exploits. Norway is also a fabulous country and is so much less frenetic than here.

We go on Iona for the first time next week and are looking forward to experiencing all that she has to offer. You will have one massive advantage over us, in that if you are going in 3 weeks time you will be going just after the kids go back to school. We shall be sharing our cruise experience with well over 1,000 of the blighters 😂 

That's exactly why we booked a September cruise! The fjords do look beautiful. We've been to Scandinavia (Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Oslo) and love it, especially Sweden, but we're looking forward to the Fjords. 

• Like 1

We went on our first cruise to the Fjords in June on Britannia, and, although initially I was a bit apprehensive, people on here reassured me and they were right we had a marvellous time.  It is definitely addictive, we ended up booking two more cruises for 2024. Have a great time!

2 minutes ago, Lucysnan said:

We went on our first cruise to the Fjords in June on Britannia, and, although initially I was a bit apprehensive, people on here reassured me and they were right we had a marvellous time.  It is definitely addictive, we ended up booking two more cruises for 2024. Have a great time!

That''s reassuring to hear that you enjoyed the Fjords, being your first cruise too. If we enjoy it, I'm sure we'll want to do more. We'll have to wait until 2025 though as we're doing trips to Canada every 6 months at the moment to visit our daughter who has recently moved there. Mind you, a cruise to Alaska may be a possibility as our daughter lives in Vancouver

4 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Sorry to butt in and go slightly off-topic, but @Selbourne, did you get your advance dining reservations sorted, particularly the Norwegian tasting menu?

Hi. Yep, I did thanks. Booked everything at midnight on the night that they became available for booking. Glad that I did. Well before the day was out, the Norwegian Tasting menu had sold out and we wouldn’t have been able to book the other restaurants at the times we wanted. The only slots left were very early or after 9pm, which makes seeing the 10.30pm show impossible. 

We have booked two other nights in Epicurean (standard menu), one in Sindhu and one in the Limelight Club. I have also booked our daughters and partners into the Beach House for the night that we are doing the taster menu (as they didn’t fancy it). We intend to try to book into Keel and Cow one night and will use Olive Grove and Glass House for the odd lunch. 

Other than breakfast and some lunches, we shall probably only use the MDR for one night - the Celebration night. Whilst the Chefs Table concept doesn’t appeal, as a precaution I’ve also booked a table for 6 for the 8.30pm sitting, just in case we struggle to get in to the MDR. If we get to about 8.15pm, haven’t been called and still haven’t got a clue when we will eat, we may well have to give it a go. If we get a table I will cancel the table at Chefs Table, which I should imagine will get snapped up in a nano second as there are only tables for 2 left now!

Cruising used to be about spontaneity, but now a military style plan is required to avoid disappointment! However, when you know that (thanks to the very useful tips from yourself and others) and are geared up ready to nab the bookings it is satisfying. Shows all booked also, but I don’t think they’ve sold out (yet). 😂 

• Like 6

Excellent, I'm pleased for you.  I reckon you've made the right call, no stress in trying to get into the MDR for dinner. You never know, you may be one of those that buck the trend and really like the Chef's Table.  I'm not holding my breath though!🙄

@bronzevernis, sorry again to hi-jack your thread; I'll leave it alone now!🤭

• Haha 3