Paddle Tennis & Pickle Ball

Keith1010

People ask about Pickeball and Paddle Tennis.

The courts are now set for both.

Racquets and balls are provided for both sports although you can bring your own.

A Paddle Tennis court is smaller than a regular tennis court so with a pin some air is removed from the tennis ball. The scoring is the same as tennis.  The difference is if I serve both my partner and myself must be behind the line and cannot charge until the receiving team returns the ball.  As to the receiving team, they must be behind the line and can only move up after the person receiving the ball returns it.  If you are new to this the other thing to go over is where the ball must land on the serve as it can get confusing  for some.

I don’t play Pickleball but this is what I know.

The Paddle Tennis court’s length is longer than the Pickleball court so with a blue strip they show where the out of bounds is.  With a blue strip they have marked where the kitchen is.

So far, I have seen just a few people playing Pickle Ball but certainly they can.  I believe when out to sea and if it is windy, it would be tricky to play due to the lightness of the balls.

I have added a photo and in blue you can see where the Pickleball Court Ends and behind that in white is where the Paddle Tennis court ends. Closer to the net there is blue stripe which is hard to see in this photo but that is the Kitchen for Pickleball. 

I hope this helps.

Keith

IMG_2706.jpeg.7b10d2fd6186b2474cd572ac82891dbb.jpeg

• Like 1

If you normally play tennis, adjusting to paddle tennis is not that difficult and you’ll be able get to a nice workout fairly quickly. I agree with Keith, when it is windy, pickleball  will be more difficult to play. Our old hometown has pickleball courts near the beach and the wind will definitely carry the ball.

• Thanks 1

The difference in overall court length between pop tennis (the new official name of paddle tennis) and pickleball is six feet, so three feet shorter on each side of the net.  Same court width.

Edited by FlyerTalker