MSC Specialty Dining Packages for Children (Under 6 and 7-12)

DJHamma514

I am currently booked on the MSC Meraviglia for August 21st out of Red Hook, Brooklyn, NYC. I am interested in purchasing the 3 Specialty Dining Experiences for my family of four; 2 adults, 8 year old, and 5 year old. I am quoted $71 for my wife and I. My 8 year old son is quoted at 50% cost ($35.50). However, there is no ability to purchase for my 5 year old son. The additional notes (Ts & Cs) state "no charges for children under the age of 6 years old". Now does that mean he can have the specialty dining experience at no cost? Does that mean he gets a special kids menu? (ie. chicken fingers, hot dog, mac and cheese, etc.?) It would make no sense that I cannot purchase a dining experience but be forced to pay a la carte for the specialty dining food. What are your experiences with this? Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, DJHamma514 said:

I am currently booked on the MSC Meraviglia for August 21st out of Red Hook, Brooklyn, NYC. I am interested in purchasing the 3 Specialty Dining Experiences for my family of four; 2 adults, 8 year old, and 5 year old. I am quoted $71 for my wife and I. My 8 year old son is quoted at 50% cost ($35.50). However, there is no ability to purchase for my 5 year old son. The additional notes (Ts & Cs) state "no charges for children under the age of 6 years old". Now does that mean he can have the specialty dining experience at no cost? Does that mean he gets a special kids menu? (ie. chicken fingers, hot dog, mac and cheese, etc.?) It would make no sense that I cannot purchase a dining experience but be forced to pay a la carte for the specialty dining food. What are your experiences with this? Thank you in advance.

Yes he is free but it is the kids menu. If you don't want the kids menu, you will pay the same as the older one.

We also thought that they ran down to the buffet for kids food.  This was this past March.

15 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes he is free but it is the kids menu. If you don't want the kids menu, you will pay the same as the older one.

We also thought that they ran down to the buffet for kids food.  This was this past March.

Thank you for the reply but for some reason I don’t think they’re going to charge be $35.50 on board for for my 5 yo for 3 specialty dining experiences. So frustrating.

11 hours ago, DJHamma514 said:

Thank you for the reply but for some reason I don’t think they’re going to charge be $35.50 on board for for my 5 yo for 3 specialty dining experiences. So frustrating.

The 5 year old is free...just has to order from a kids menu, which is what they mentioned above. Not sure where you are seeing the 35.50 part in that comment. Unless you plan on your 5 year old eating the adult food at a specialty restaurant.