Spa Deals (Pre-Cruise or on board)

slyster

I know that Royal Caribbean’s sales are always a sale LOL.  I am wondering if the pre-cruise prices of $103.99 on first day and $118.99 (port day) for 50 minute massages are a good deal.  We are diamond members and I believe we get a 15% discount.  

Will there be better port day prices on the ship?  Plus the 15% discount?  I am guessing that reserving online means we do not get to use our 15% diamond discount.  

I am just wondering if you tend to get the same deal booking ahead of time or waiting until you board the ship for massage discounts.  Thanks in advance! 

Yes, those prices are better than what you will find onboard.   It's been awhile since I've seen a good sale onboard.   

I.e.  I currently see the men's elemis grooming with shave for $75.99.  I usually book for my DH.  Onboard it has been as much as $109.99

Thank you.  I recall port day specials and buying 3 treatments at a discount but I can’t remember the prices.  

On top of that, we get 15% discount as diamond members.  

21 minutes ago, slyster said:

Thank you.  I recall port day specials and buying 3 treatments at a discount but I can’t remember the prices.  

On top of that, we get 15% discount as diamond members.  

Yes, I have seen the buy 3 treatments discounted onboard, usually towards the middle or end of a sailing.  Such as mini facial, mini upper body massage and foot massage for $99.  

They do not give diamond discount off any onboard specials.  Same goes for the 20% discount offered on port days. 

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I have seen the buy 3 treatments discounted onboard, usually towards the middle or end of a sailing.  Such as mini facial, mini upper body massage and foot massage for $99.  

They do not give diamond discount off any onboard specials.  Same goes for the 20% discount offered on port days. 

Oh!  I didn't realize they do not give the diamond discount on onboard specials or port day massages.  Thanks for that information!

10 hours ago, BBQ Bacon said:

Are the massage therapist registered?  My benefits plan through work pays for massages as long as the therapist is registered.

Nope

The spa attendants are Royal Caribbean Cruise Line certified only, not from any recognized massage training school that can professionally register their graduates. Apparently, the spa attendants only need to attend a one week workshop in London and then RCCL says they are certified.

• Like 2

It's a lot more expensive on board. And the likelihood of you getting a desired time slot is also less likely once on board. I booked 3 treatments for 2 of us prior to boarding (6 total treatments).

I planned to book us a 4th treatment on board, because the system wasn't letting me do it from home due to a specialty dining reservation conflict that I wasn't able to change until I got on the ship.

Once on the ship, the cost of that treatment doubled from $150 to $300. They were offering a 30%off discount if you already had 3 treatments and wanted to book a 4th, but all 3 treatments have a "signature treatment" symbol next to it (and not many of them do). And even if they did, that's still more expensive than buying ahead of time.

The massage therapists also offer a $50 off coupon if you come back to them for another treatment, but again, not as good of a deal as buying ahead of time. 

They do have that $99 deal that someone mentioned above, but good luck finding a time slot where it's available. If you really want to go to the spa, pay whatever they're charging online ahead of time. It'll be a better deal and you'll get the time slot and day you want. 

• 2 months later...