Anytime dining questions

CCBB

Hi, does anyone know what happens if we don't have a reservation and are on the Dining Anytime program? Do we just walk in and wait for a table?

On the other hand, if we have made a reservation but did not make it in time, do we just lose our reservation and can do a walk in later?

Thanks in advance.

We've never made reservations with Anytime dining and have usually little to no wait.  However, we do almost always eat at about 8.  If you want to eat earlier, there might be a wait, or a need for a reservation.

If you don't get to your reservation (a few minutes late is probably ok), then surely you would lose it and just do walk-in.  If you know you won't make the reservation, then inform the dining room, so that opens up a table for others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Usually anytime dining means you walk up and wait at the MDR. Are you referring to reservations to a specialty restaurant? It would also help to know which ship.

We will be on the Milennium. Yes we have Anytime Dining but we can also make reservations on the app. I just wasn't sure if that is required or not. Also, some of our port are quite late and I don't want to rush back just to make the reserved dinner time.

Just now, CCBB said:

We will be on the Milennium. Yes we have Anytime Dining but we can also make reservations on the app. I just wasn't sure if that is required or not. Also, some of our port are quite late and I don't want to rush back just to make the reserved dinner time.

Ok millennium only has one MDR. I would reserve for the nights you know and walk up for the evenings you might run late. What sailing are you on?

• Thanks 1

Just now, SoloAlaska said:

Ok millennium only has one MDR. I would reserve for the nights you know and walk up for the evenings you might run late. What sailing are you on?

We are on the Sept 15 TransPacific and Sept 30 Best of Japan.

Just wondering, if we have made a reservation for 2, and now want to have some friends join us, can we ask for a larger table at the door, accepting that there may be a wait for the larger table?

1 minute ago, CCBB said:

We are on the Sept 15 TransPacific and Sept 30 Best of Japan.

Oh very nice. We are on the sailing just before yours and I was on millenium last year. If you have to wait for a table Cellar Masters is my go to spot and just outside the MDR entrance on 5.

• Like 1

Millenium is smaller than my fave, Reflection.  Our on February 2023 cruise, those with Select Dining and no reservations, were provided buzzers to notify them when a table was ready.  Many of them repeatedly complained about one-hour or longer waits, some until after 9:00 p.m.  Conversely, we had advanced reservations and almost never had to wait for a table.   I recommend going ahead and making reservations in CruisePlanner. 

• Thanks 1