Crown Princess Still in Vancouver (9pm Aug. 15)

CruiserMickey

Now scheduled for 22:00 sailing.
Arrival at Pine Island Pilot Station is 12:15 tomorrow noon.  A very usual timing.

I do not know why the delay; I expect shipyard work being done or perhaps awaiting a more favourable tidal window at Seymour Narrows.  More daylight hours in a very scenic portion of the journey is a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There might have been a delay in refueling which meant that it missed the afternoon sweet spot for the low(er) tide.  Captain is most likely waiting for the tide to drop again so the ship will be able to pass under the Lions Gate Bridge without hitting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yyjguy said:

Now scheduled for 22:00 sailing.
Arrival at Pine Island Pilot Station is 12:15 tomorrow noon.  A very usual timing.

I do not know why the delay; I expect shipyard work being done or perhaps awaiting a more favourable tidal window at Seymour Narrows.  More daylight hours in a very scenic portion of the journey is a bonus. 

Thank you so much for the information! In a way I am envious…the sailaway should be beautiful with the city lights.

1 minute ago, SCX22 said:

There might have been a delay in refueling which meant that it missed the afternoon sweet spot for the low(er) tide.  Captain is most likely waiting for the tide to drop again so the ship will be able to pass under the Lions Gate Bridge without hitting it.

Thanks…of course that makes sense!

1 hour ago, CruiserMickey said:

Does anyone know why the Crown Princess is still docked in the Port of Vancouver? My mom and brother are on the ship and have no idea why they haven’t left yet.

Hard to believe that there has been no announcement on board about the delayed departure.

1 hour ago, blizzard44ca said:

We are now transiting the south side of Vancouver Island, to take the outside route.  Perhaps more details today, but we were unable to keep the revised itinerary presented yesterday (sail at 20:00) 🙁

Thanks for the update.

So no inside passage going north now or south at the end of the cruise.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Thanks for the update.

So no inside passage going north now or south at the end of the cruise.

Well, this one doesn’t stop in Victoria, so I’m hopeful we go inside on the way home. I guess we’ll see. As the TV says, “Itinerary is Subject to Change”.

44 minutes ago, blizzard44ca said:

Well, this one doesn’t stop in Victoria, so I’m hopeful we go inside on the way home. I guess we’ll see. As the TV says, “Itinerary is Subject to Change”.

That is really disappointing. I’m sorry you don’t get to go through the inside passage. Hopefully you will on the way back.