Extra time in Key West

sydney dog

I have a walking food tour from 11-2 (starts and ends at El Siboney 900 Catherine St). Ship is in port from 8-4.  Any ideas what I can do with my "extra time".  Going in October with my husband.  Both of us about 50 yrs old but would be up to almost anything.  Thanks

Some things that are kind of between Cuban Coffee Queen and the dock, that you might do in 1-2 hours:  

Mel Fisher Maritime Museum--artifacts from shipwrecks

Truman Little White House--history

KW Museum at Custom House--art and history of KW 

(More) drinks and music at Hogs Breath or Sloppy Joe's

On 8/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, jaga04 said:

Some things that are kind of between Cuban Coffee Queen and the dock, that you might do in 1-2 hours:  

Mel Fisher Maritime Museum--artifacts from shipwrecks

Truman Little White House--history

KW Museum at Custom House--art and history of KW 

(More) drinks and music at Hogs Breath or Sloppy Joe's

Thank you for this info.  I was also thinking about the butterfly conservatory.  Anyone have any info on this.  DH and I are really into animals and I thought this might be a good choice.  We would have about 1.5 hours to spend here.  Would that be enough time.  Planning on going when they open at 9.

5 hours ago, sydney dog said:

Thank you for this info.  I was also thinking about the butterfly conservatory.  Anyone have any info on this.  DH and I are really into animals and I thought this might be a good choice.  We would have about 1.5 hours to spend here.  Would that be enough time.  Planning on going when they open at 9.

Plenty of time.  It's a cool place, but doesn't take very long to move through.  you'll need to go back and forth a few times and sit on a bench for a while to kill 90 minutes inside. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/25/2023 at 10:50 AM, CT Sean said:

Plenty of time.  It's a cool place, but doesn't take very long to move through.  you'll need to go back and forth a few times and sit on a bench for a while to kill 90 minutes inside. 

The Duvall Loop City Bus is free and goes in a large well defined loop.  It will not, like some city busses, take you off to places that are good for commuters, etc.   (Note there are several paid bus/trolley services as well).  We walked around the marina area (get off the ship, go straight and left), DW found a nice quilt/fabric shop.  We always have lunch at the Southernmmost Beach Cafe, which feels like the Bahamas.  

14 hours ago, VintageCheap said:

The Duvall Loop City Bus is free and goes in a large well defined loop.  It will not, like some city busses, take you off to places that are good for commuters, etc.   (Note there are several paid bus/trolley services as well).  We walked around the marina area (get off the ship, go straight and left), DW found a nice quilt/fabric shop.  We always have lunch at the Southernmmost Beach Cafe, which feels like the Bahamas.  

Not sure what that has to do with the butterfly conservatory question I was replying to