Noon flight from LHR too early (docking 7AM Southampton)

KKB

Our flight was originally at 2pm...just got notification it has been changed to noon.

We will take a private transfer from Southhampton.

More than happy to to self-walk off.

Or do we need to look at other options?

Thanks!

Day-of-the-week is important due to mixing with commuter-time traffic to London.

Mon- Fri you'd be wise to disembark unassisted (usually from about 7am or a little earlier) with a car booked for 7.15.

Usually more than 2 hrs that time of day, but unlikely to be a problem

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull

3 hours ago, John Bull said:

Day-of-the-week is important due to mixing with commuter-time traffic to London.

I suspect that the OP may be interested in Monday 30 October 2023.

It's also probably relevant to know which terminal at Heathrow.

Just now, Globaliser said:

I suspect that the OP may be interested in Monday 30 October 2023.

Thanks for that, G.

Mondays are worst (second-home Londoners returning to the big bad city after a weekend away).

But still OK with that early start.

JB 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, John Bull said:

Thanks for that, G.

Mondays are worst (second-home Londoners returning to the big bad city after a weekend away).

But still OK with that early start.

JB 🙂

I will be disembarking NCL on a Sunday & have a 11:25am flight that they booked for me. I am nervous - should I be?

9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I will be disembarking NCL on a Sunday & have a 11:25am flight that they booked for me. I am nervous - should I be?

How are you getting to the airport? If by taxi or private transfer, as long as you’re on the road by 8 you’ll be fine. But if by National Express coach or cruise line shuttle bus, that’s too early for comfort and I’d call NCL and ask for a later flight.

Edited by gumshoe958

Can I presume that your airport is Heathrow (LHR)?

Your window for wiggle-time is quite small, but the saving grace is that it's a sunday.

If you disembark unassisted at the earliest opportunity & have a pre-booked car waiting at the quayside you should have no problem.

I know of folk who've flown from LHR at 10.30, though I wouldn't suggest cutting it that fine.

And I'd still choose a later same-day flight if one is available.

JB 🙂 

6 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

How are you getting to the airport? If by taxi or private transfer, as long as you’re on the road by 8 you’ll be fine. But if by National Express coach or cruise line shuttle bus, that’s too early for comfort and I’d call NCL and ask for a later flight.

I may be doing private or NCL bus, only because my agent says if they booked me & I take their bus , it's their responsibility to re book me if I miss flight. I have called NCL & they say it's only 5 minutes before their cut off time so "I'll be OK". I'm planning to just do carry on just in case.

13 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Can I presume that your airport is Heathrow (LHR)?

Your window for wiggle-time is quite small, but the saving grace is that it's a sunday.

If you disembark unassisted at the earliest opportunity & have a pre-booked car waiting at the quayside you should have no problem.

I know of folk who've flown from LHR at 10.30, though I wouldn't suggest cutting it that fine.

And I'd still choose a later same-day flight if one is available.

JB 🙂 

Thank you. I booked through NCL so no choice in flights. At this point I am planning only carry on to save time. 

• Like 1

Hi just wanted to give some feedback as I just did this. I arrived on Sunday morning to Southampton off the Prima and scheduled an 830am pick-up but didn't end up finding the driver until almost 850am. I arrived at Heathrow at 1010am for my 1245pm flight and had enough time for snacks and two drinks in the lounge. As others have said, day of the week is super important. I also choose to do a private car through Blackberry so I wasn't waiting on others.

• Like 1