Sydney & Cape Breton Taxi Tours

ColoradoMom!!

Thought it would be good to have a thread all of its own dedicated to experiences with this tour company.

I've seen many mentions of folks booking - but no reviews as of late.

We have e-mailed and booked our trip (Baddeck and Bell Tour) with them, but having a hard time making the deposit.  Never had such a difficult time trying to give someone money 😆. We will be there the end of Sept.

Looking for feedback from those who have taken tours with them.  I have read the TripAdvisor reviews - but hoping for some Cruise Critic input.

Thanks!

I had the same problem.  I am in U.S. so didn't want to call.  I kept private messaging on Facebook and Simon finally called me.  We are scheduled Sept. 6th.  Will let you know when we get back how things went.

• Thanks 1

I have a tour booked with them in October.  I confirmed the booking via email and talked with him on the phone the following day to pay deposit.  I think I called twice, but he was working from his car (I assume doing tours that day).  He has alawys been very responsive via email.

• Thanks 1

We used Cabot Discovery Tours and went on a mini trail excursion of the Cabot trail.  Our guide was excellent and the company was good responding to my emails. Even though the weather was not the best we had a great tour.  There were only 2 of us that day for the excursion!!

• Thanks 1

Thanks fellow Coloradan - @cruisesoon  Sounds wonderful.  

He called today on WhatsApp 🎉 and I was able to put my deposit on my credit card.

Looking forward to @1stItaly report - let me know also how you paid after the tour - wondering if he can take my credit card on the spot for the remainder.

I'll report my experience too, I know @mpcaruth will go after me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We toured w this company yesterday.(9/30) Picked us up at the ship promptly. We actually got off a bit early and the young man doing the tour was already there w a sign w our name on it.  We signed up for the Fort Louisbourg. The vehicle was very clean and in good condition. Our driver was very chatty and told us a lot about the area on the drive. We stopped at the light house on the way there for some amazing scenery.  When we arrived at the fort we had pre paid for tickets w the taxi company. So our driver walked in w us and got that taken care of.  

Driver went back to wait at the car while we explored the fort. Took about 2 hrs to walk around it. It was a beautiful day sunny and 70.  After we finished we met our driver in the parking lot and he drove us back to the ship. He offered to drop us off at a good restaurant or whatever but we just elected to go back to the ship for lunch. 

We had a great experience and would definitely recommend. I did have to call a few times to get ahold of someone for final payment but they are super busy this time of year. There is at least one ship in port everyday for Sept & Oct.  Our driver told us they have 60 cars and all were in use today. 

15 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

We completed our tour. Love to hear what @1stItaly thought.

We got what was agreed upon. Some things could have been better… but I’d like to hear what others thought as everyone has differing expectations and experiences!

Glad you enjoyed your tour.  I have mixed feelings.  Driver was foreign, so English was not 1st language.....very hard to understand, and I don't think he understood everything we said.  He was very polite and did the tour we asked for...but it was VERY foggy that day and we had wanted scenic tour.  He took us where we had asked but we could not see anything.  He finally got out his phone and showed up a picture of what it looked like!  I felt like he could have adapted the tour to fit the weather and suggested other opportunities.  As far as paying Simon did call a week before tour and took CC over the phone.  Hope that answers your questions.