Edge Villas ~ Pros/Cons

Hello:

My husband and I will sail on the APEX for TA later this year.

I received an email from X noting that I can bid on an Edge Villa.  We are very light/late sleepers and my concern is hearing noise while sleeping.

Your input and pros/cons would be greatly appreciated for those of you who have stayed in an Edge Villa.

Thank You!

Just now, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hello:

My husband and I will sail on the APEX for TA later this year.

I received an email from X noting that I can bid on an Edge Villa.  We are very light/late sleepers and my concern is hearing noise while sleeping.

Your input and pros/cons would be greatly appreciated for those of you who have stayed in an Edge Villa.

Thank You!

We were in an Edge Villa and had zero noise. The balcony was also absolutely private and felt like you were in your own world. We loved it!

• Thanks 1

We were in an Edge Villa (15101) on our Caribbean cruise and LOVED it!  Deck with hot tub was very private.  We heard some very light ship noise as we crossed through bumpy waters, but otherwise it was a quiet as can be.  Love our 'secret' entrance to the Retreat Lounge as well.  

We did not get an EV for our next cruise, which is Mediterranean in Fall 2024, because it is so port intensive, we didn't think we would use the space as much as in the Caribbean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never heard any noise from neighboring cabins, but there was one major noise annoyance in the cabin.  When the seas picked up, the glass door to the master bathroom started sliding open and closed repeatedly in the middle of the night.  This was easily remedied by wedging a towel in the door, which then stayed open for the rest of the cruise.  This was on Edge, so hopefully they added a latch to the door on newer builds as it would be a proper permanent remedy.  Other than this, the room was great and the location was very convenient to all the Retreat amenities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in an edge villa and absolutely loved it, boarding the edge on a villa in a couple of days for the 2nd time.

The only minor complaint I would have is it can be louder with an echo as there are very hard surfaces with no carpet on the bottom level. Also no drapes for curtains but sleek automated blinds. This was really only a problem when our teenage daughter was making noise while on the bottom level and we were trying to sleep!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, timf2001 said:

I never heard any noise from neighboring cabins, but there was one major noise annoyance in the cabin.  When the seas picked up, the glass door to the master bathroom started sliding open and closed repeatedly in the middle of the night.  This was easily remedied by wedging a towel in the door, which then stayed open for the rest of the cruise.  This was on Edge, so hopefully they added a latch to the door on newer builds as it would be a proper permanent remedy.  Other than this, the room was great and the location was very convenient to all the Retreat amenities.

Now that you mention it we had that problem one night too and used a towel the same way. We mentioned it to the butler the next day and he had someone come look at it and they fixed things so we didn't need to resort to using the towel anymore.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, all, very much for your input, it is greatly appreciated!  I always pack earplugs to be on the safe side since we had issues in the past.  

We put a bid in and hopefully, it will be accepted.  If not, we'll still be happy with our sky suite and will try again on a future cruise.

Have a great day and happy cruising!

3 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Thank you, all, very much for your input, it is greatly appreciated!  I always pack earplugs to be on the safe side since we had issues in the past.  

We put a bid in and hopefully, it will be accepted.  If not, we'll still be happy with our sky suite and will try again on a future cruise.

Have a great day and happy cruising!

We are also booked in a Sky suite and would be very interested in bidding on an Edge Villa. Can I ask you what the minimum bid was, so I have some idea of how much extra it would be. You don’t have to answer!

17 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

We are also booked in a Sky suite and would be very interested in bidding on an Edge Villa. Can I ask you what the minimum bid was, so I have some idea of how much extra it would be. You don’t have to answer!

For our cruise, the minimum bid is $650 per person.  It may vary by cruise.  This is the first time we've done this so I'm not sure if we'll get it or not.  Best of luck to you if you decide to bid on an Edge Villa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

For our cruise, the minimum bid is $650 per person.  It may vary by cruise.  This is the first time we've done this so I'm not sure if we'll get it or not.  Best of luck to you if you decide to bid on an Edge Villa.

Thank you that is good to know. At the moment we haven’t been invited to move up, but it looks like we can do this through the X website within 21 days of our cruise. 

40 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Thank you that is good to know. At the moment we haven’t been invited to move up, but it looks like we can do this through the X website within 21 days of our cruise. 

Your welcome. Our cruise is in early November and the email was sent to me on Wednesday.  

1 hour ago, Suite Susie said:

Sometimes you can put in bids before receiving any e-mail invite. Head to this page https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade and enter your last name and reservation number and you may already be able to bid. I kept an eye on that for our October cruise and I was able to put in bids a little under 90 days before the cruise and never received any e-mail. (And in a rare fluke the bid was accepted 15 days later)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

For a Villa from a SS, $650 sounds awfully cheap.  We were in a Sunset Suite and the bidding started at 2,500 pp.  Just so many variables...I guess if it is meant to be, it is exactly that, along with luck and timing!

upgrade IMAGE

PROMO!
Edge Villa
Exclusive to Celebrity Edge series, these six, two-story luxury residences are the first of their kind in the fleet. In these private oceanfront villas, indoor and outdoor living is seamlessly blended. When you book The Retreat you also get a private restaurant, a lounge and a sundeck all exclusive to guests of The Retreat.
From
$1,300 pp
$650 USD pp

Note:  The $1,300 is struck out in the email.

I couldn't believe the starting bid either. 

How did you like the Sunset Suite?

11 minutes ago, mtgmentsch said:

Does the upstairs bedroom have a television?  I don’t see one in photos but assuming it drops down from ceiling above the bed.  Please help!!!

Yes it does.  The TV drops down from the ceiling.  I looked at a few videos on YouTube to get an idea of the layout.

9 hours ago, mtgmentsch said:

Does the upstairs bedroom have a television?  I don’t see one in photos but assuming it drops down from ceiling above the bed.  Please help!!!

Yes looking at ours now, if we could only figure out how to get it to drop down?

image.jpg

On 8/24/2023 at 9:51 PM, Suite Susie said:

Ours was $1340 USD pp for a 7 night cruise from a sky suite.
Totally worth it for us.

7 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Yes looking at ours now, if we could only figure out how to get it to drop down?

image.jpg

7 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

image.jpg

Thanks.  Hopefully you figure it out before the end of the cruise.  Have fun!