Rockstar access from sea view room?

goodvino808

I have been on VV once before and we are considering the Greek cruise this fall.  Is it possible to upgrade/buy into the Rockstar access for the private pool and bar area?  The thing I didn’t like about VV was the lack of drink packages and found the keeping tab ultra annoying..

thanks!

Nope, rockstar area is for rockstar guests, a very select group of other sailors in a not so secret secret club called 485c (can’t buy into that group either), and seemingly people who they royally screw over with bookings (like nuclear screwups, not little oopsies mistakes) and throw rooftop access at them as a service recovery bone.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, goodvino808 said:

I have been on VV once before and we are considering the Greek cruise this fall.  Is it possible to upgrade/buy into the Rockstar access for the private pool and bar area?  The thing I didn’t like about VV was the lack of drink packages and found the keeping tab ultra annoying..

thanks!

The 2023 Greek cruises come with a $600 Bar Tab and if you find a travel agent with extra Placeholder My Next Virgin Voyages, you can also get at least another $600 Sailor Loot (more if your agent is running an extra promo).  $1,200 - $1,400 should alleviate a lot of the keeping tab stress!  

• Like 4

RR has two small hot tubs and you still pay for drinks. They do have a free champagne hour though, 5:30-7? Not sure that would solve the drink package issue. We recently sailed with $1,500 in loot and bar tab. The only reason I bothered to check the tab was to make sure there were no mistakes on the bill. No difference in the time we sailed as mega. I will probably never purchase a drink package again.

• Like 3

I find the bar tab much better than the drink packages on other lines, but then, we are light drinkers.  Drink packages on other lines run $69-139 + 18% gratuity  per person per night, and each person in the room must buy one.  VV lets us share a bar tab both in the cabin and with friends.  It ends up being far cheaper than a drink package.  As to keeping track, if you spend your bar tab and your loot, any excess rolls over to your credit card. The only need to check it occasionally is to be sure that you actually purchased what was charged.

There is complimentary bubbly at sail away, bubbly and sangria at the Splash of Romance and Deep Blue Extras cocktail parties, and the "prizes" for games are typically drinks.  If you are in anything other than a mega rockstar suite, you are charged for your drinks other than the 1 hour nightly at Richard's rooftop.

Richard's Rooftop is relatively restricted....as noted above, there are small numbers of people who are given complimentary access, but the only way to "buy" it is to purchase a suite for your cruise.

• Like 1