Serenity Pool on Britannia

Ilovemygarden

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Does anyone know how much it is to book the serenity pool?   Is it available on a daily basis or booked for the whole cruise?

Serenity pool is the adults only area. Nice pool and bar. No charge. Retreat is chargeable. 

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Serenity pool is the adults only area. Nice pool and bar. No charge. Retreat is chargeable. 

Thanks - that’s what I’d remembered from my last trip on Britannia in 2018 but on the P and O website it comes up with “for a little extra” so I wondered if things had changed. 

6 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Thanks - that’s what I’d remembered from my last trip on Britannia in 2018 but on the P and O website it comes up with “for a little extra” so I wondered if things had changed. 

The last time we were on Britannia I think it had installed Cabanas in parts of the serenity pool, perhaps it is these that the little extra applies to?

This is something we debated last year.  The mysterious "little extra" comment appeared on the website September/October last year.  As I had recently been on Regal Princess where these "poshend up" cabana areas are indeed charged for - and at quite a high rate - I asked P&O who vaguely told me the area was to undergo "refreshment".  Various passengers including myself monitored these "refreshments" whilst onboard and we concluded they were just adding some cover to the strange open shelters.  No charge was introduced but the "little extra" comment remains.

The Princess offering is set in the same place but includes a fancy cushion on the sunbed, matching towels and a food and beverage offering and is supplemented at around $100 a day.   I have a feeling it was being considered to do similar on Britannia but P&O didn't go through with it.