Kochi Japan Ship Shuttle Bus???

Compass Rose Monica

Greetings,

Friends and I are going on a cruise in Japan next spring and one port is Kochi.  I am wondering if anyone that had a port stop in Kochi if the ship provided a shuttle bus and the cost.  Looking at WhatsinPort, it mentions a cruise shuttle bus, no local transportation.  

Thanks,

Monica

Hello, Monica!

Celebrity may not be sailing until next year, but our information is definitely post-covid and would think that Celebrity would be offering the same things that we had on our 2 stops in Kochi a few months ago.

Yes, there is a shuttle to the bus station in Kochi (it had a fee on HAL maybe $30 RT, free on Azamara).  Takes 30 minutes. Lots of tourist assistance folks at the city stop if you need it, but we had our full day planned both times so hoofed it directly into the central city. Kochi is one of our favorite stops in Japan. 

4 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Greetings,

Friends and I are going on a cruise in Japan next spring and one port is Kochi.  I am wondering if anyone that had a port stop in Kochi if the ship provided a shuttle bus and the cost.  Looking at WhatsinPort, it mentions a cruise shuttle bus, no local transportation.  

Thanks,

Monica

I should add that you would be dropped off at the Harimayabashi Tourist Bus Terminal so you can see where you would be in the city. 

5 minute walk to Hariyma Bridge, 20-25 minute walk to Kochi Castle.