Live From Regatta 07 Sept. - 20 Sept. 2023 Alaska to California Medley - Vancouver to LA

FetaCheese

9 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Very good cruise. Did the Pacific coastal as well. Met some great people including you Feta.

Just got home late last night.

Thank you JT.  It was nice meeting you as well.

Curious, what cabin did they assign on your 2nd cruise?

• Like 2

I posted it on the guarantee topic as promised.

We were given 3007, which has a port hole above water line.

But on third deck, across an equipment room that emitted a humming sound for the 7 days.

Would have been much happier in an inside.

Will never book a guarantee again.

But the cruise was very good.

I am ready to book another from the 2025 collection that will be available on Oct 4.

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2023 at 2:25 PM, Tranquility Base said:

Do you know if they were filling up any spare seats with independents after any early shorex was called to board ?

IE: If only one or two shorex were ready to board, and there where 10 seats spare, whould the first 10 independents be called down to the tender deck ?

My experience, mostly as an independent traveler (take few ship excursions; just love to wander or do something else) is that Oceania has gotten me on the first tender almost every single time I've tried to do that. I remember one time when it was impossible, but that was in (on?) Easter Island, an extremely popular port, with a difficult tender situation (weather, barely a tender pier, etc.).  Also, 2 of us wanted to get on that first tender rather than me only, along with a huge number of others.  For the most part, I've found it quite easy to get off the ship early on Oceania, particularly if I'm on one of the smaller ships (600 pax or whatever).  But it does probably depend upon demand, and some ports (Santorini comes to mind) can be a little iffy because extra large numbers of passengers want off right away.  

I haven't heard of any preference given to passengers in suites, etc.  And I've never been told I have to wait until the first (or other) excursions go off. Hope that helps.  But of course there are no guarantees!

• Like 1