OBC from Redeployment ? (Equinox/Summit/Apex/Constellation)

rodndonna

Has anyone affected by the deployments for 2025 sailings rebooked and received the offered additional OBC? (In our case it was $200)

We rebooked a new sailing almost 2 weeks ago and were told to keep an eye for an email regarding the additional OBC. Still nothing beyond that initial email regarding the cancellation and $200 OBC offer to rebook.

Has anyone rebooked and received the OBC on their booking or an additional email yet?

I haven't. And I just called my TA for the status of the refund. While I was on hold, they called Celebrity who said that they have to manually issue the refund. I can't imagine having to do that for the thousands that were affected. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

Has anyone affected by the deployments for 2025 sailings rebooked and received the offered additional OBC? (In our case it was $200)

We rebooked a new sailing almost 2 weeks ago and were told to keep an eye for an email regarding the additional OBC. Still nothing beyond that initial email regarding the cancellation and $200 OBC offer to rebook.

Has anyone rebooked and received the OBC on their booking or an additional email yet?

We were originally on the Beyond for May 2024.  In late June this year we received an email from X that said they were shifting Beyond to the Caribbean, and we had 14 days to choose a new booking.  They offered us $200 OBC, which was visible to the X agent when we called to rebook on Equinox.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

I haven't. And I just called my TA for the status of the refund. While I was on hold, they called Celebrity who said that they have to manually issue the refund. I can't imagine having to do that for the thousands that were affected. 

It's odd - our refund was very fast (like with a couple of days).

I misunderstood and thought I was getting Future Cruise Deposit back, so I picked out another cruise to use it. When I called in to book the new one, she told me it was a refund and not FCD and voila .. there it was on our CC and I hadn't noticed. 

In the end we were still lured by the $200 OBC (we are a cheap date) so continued with the new booking anyway but was told the extra $200 OBC might take a while and still waiting for that.

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

It's odd - our refund was very fast (like with a couple of days).

I misunderstood and thought I was getting Future Cruise Deposit back, so I picked out another cruise to use it. When I called in to book the new one, she told me it was a refund and not FCD and voila .. there it was on our CC and I hadn't noticed. 

In the end we were still lured by the $200 OBC (we are a cheap date) so continued with the new booking anyway but was told the extra $200 OBC might take a while and still waiting for that.

Same here. We had booked a 2025 Apex cruise with a FCC only three weeks before it was cancelled.

We received an email stating that the deposit would be returned as a FCC but it turned up on our credit card. No more information about the OBC we had for purchasing a FCC onboard or the additional $200 offered because the cruise was cancelled.

15 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

Same here. We had booked a 2025 Apex cruise with a FCC only three weeks before it was cancelled.

We received an email stating that the deposit would be returned as a FCC but it turned up on our credit card. No more information about the OBC we had for purchasing a FCC onboard or the additional $200 offered because the cruise was cancelled.

We did get the OBC reinstated that came with the original FCC, just not the additional $200. I have the email though .. so gosh darn it .. I'm getting it!

11 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We did get the OBC reinstated that came with the original FCC, just not the additional $200. I have the email though .. so gosh darn it .. I'm getting it!

I’m keeping the email too plus the original paperwork for the FCC as it’s the only proof I have.
Would you know if we can apply the two lots of bonus OBC to an existing booking ? We have one more cruise booked with Celebrity next year and after that have switched for our first non Celebrity cruise. 

22 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

I’m keeping the email too plus the original paperwork for the FCC as it’s the only proof I have.
Would you know if we can apply the two lots of bonus OBC to an existing booking ? We have one more cruise booked with Celebrity next year and after that have switched for our first non Celebrity cruise. 

Not sure - should have asked as we had an existing booking. 😐

Pretty sure it was only for a new booking though..

32 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Not sure - should have asked as we had an existing booking. 😐

Pretty sure it was only for a new booking though..

No need for a new booking we just had it put on an existing one today.  But didn't wait on the email or other mail just called with the old reservation number and they applied the "We are Sorry $200 OBC"

Edited by MartiniBarhooked
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

On Beyond we had a Sky Suite, and we booked it when they were offering $600 OBC (and as we all know, starting 4 October OBC for Retreat cabins as part of an incentive package will cease), so the $200 for the repositioning was added and now we have $800 total.  I guess that means they can be stacked.  Honestly if you call X and a rep tells you "no", I'd call back because it's not uncommon to receive two different answers to the same question.

58 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

We have one more cruise booked with Celebrity next year and after that have switched for our first non Celebrity cruise. 

We are doing the same.  After this next one we are through with X.  We made Elite Plus but with all the changes that they're making who's to say the Captain's Club (CC) perks won't deteriorate as well?  And anyway, while nice they aren't compelling enough on their own to keep us on X.  

And if you think about it, X benefits from people with CC perks like free bags of laundry, discounts on bottles of wine and specialty dining, etc. from leaving the product.  

5 minutes ago, MartiniBarhooked said:

No need for a new booking we just had it put on an existing one today.  But didn't wait on the email or other mail just called with the old reservation number and they applied the "We are Sorry $200 OBC"

Thanks for the information. I’ll give it a go. Hoping that will include the OBC for purchasing a FCC too. I realise that the other deal’s associated with the cancelled cruise won’t carry forward. 

1 minute ago, sparkopotamus said:

We are doing the same.  After this next one we are through with X.  We made Elite Plus but with all the changes that they're making who's to say the Captain's Club (CC) perks won't deteriorate as well?  And anyway, while nice they aren't compelling enough on their own to keep us on X.  

And if you think about it, X benefits from people with CC perks like free bags of laundry, discounts on bottles of wine and specialty dining, etc. from leaving the product.  

We were never tempted to try elsewhere because Celebrity ticked all our boxes. But MDR food experiences on our July Apex cruise plus all the recent changes have opened our eyes. 

I’m actually quite excited now about trying something new. 

1 minute ago, Boatharbour said:

We were never tempted to try elsewhere because Celebrity ticked all our boxes. But MDR food experiences on our July Apex cruise plus all the recent changes have opened our eyes. 

I’m actually quite excited now about trying something new. 

It did for us as well.  We initially tried HAL (2010) and cruised with them three more times after that.  It wasn't bad but we felt like there might be another line we would like better.  So we tried X.  Yay!  Until now...  and honestly even since 2017 we've noticed little changes, minor and slight.  But this new deluge of the line being changed to something more like Royal Caribbean is too much.  We will most likely change to Viking Ocean, and then supplement that with French barge trips and land trips.