Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

I was a little nervous to order the veal after last night but I wanted to try something different. Glad I did that was very good.

Both dishes were delicious. I'm hopeful the kitchen has found their groove. The food tonight has been very excellent. 

For dessert I got lemon meringue pie and black forest cheesecake 653

16985155933541260908253353734236.thumb.jpg.d603fb06d780c39f3b249b62bc54e831.jpg

16985158371511884808392399480621.thumb.jpg.f958d293164ff974da0e416e1d88d467.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 9

I really want to make it to Quest tonight but I am not sure if I have three more hours in me.

Finishing up my crazy concoction I started last night. 

16985176360739106131362732623987.thumb.jpg.ad829d58b203c76cfe0d22f48f940a75.jpg

Variety music with 2shay at the red frog pub starting any moment now supposedly 

• Like 6

Signed up for Steakhouse brunch tomorrow. I missed it last year on my Alaska cruise and have not seen it on a cruise again since.

$25 cover and they were quite clear it's one app, one main, one dessert. They didn't say how many sides though 🤣.

I'll try to get a better photo tomorrow of the menu the one I took tonight didn't come out very well.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

My mom got some shopping in. Her haul was pretty heavy so I came back to drop it off. She's going to be on her own with whatever else she finds.

She's not thinking ahead to having to carry this luggage later 😒.

Almost lunch time so I'm going to wait till noon and grab a bite then make my way back out.

I'd love to be there with your mom when she starts unpacking. How fun rediscovering all the little trinkets and knick-knacks she's picked up!

• Like 6

On 10/25/2023 at 5:28 AM, exlondoner said:

I think it is the competitive element I dislike. When I was a teacher, I spent a lot of emotional capital sorting out the very few children in the year who did less well than they had hoped in their exams. Hence, I spend all my time worrying about the losers, which banishes any possible enjoyment.

GBBO is completely different from most competitive shows. With the exception of Paul, everyone is nice. They’re literally competing for fame and a glass cake plate. 

My daughter and I love it; we said if it was the Great American Bake Off, there’d be a brawl over pie and a torrid love affair before it was all said and done. 

• Haha 8

On 10/27/2023 at 10:35 AM, jam19872016 said:

The first time I ever heard of it on a donut was at a trendy place in South Beach about ten years ago. It was $6 (so probably $9-$10 today) and seemed absolutely outrageous both in price and what it was. I tried it and other than the price tag had no regrets. 

For years my former job used to provide donuts on Fridays and one of the offerings was this and I admit to indulging every Friday for years.

Now it is just an occasional treat but quite good.

Think of it like bacon with a plate of pancakes and syrup. It's pretty much the same thing but in handheld form.

The steak, well maybe that's a cultural thing because while the donut gets some weird looks in America too, bacon wrapped steak is a delicacy 😁

Related, sort of: have you ever had Million Dollar Bacon? It’s drizzled in maple syrup and given a sprinkle of pepper. So good. I’d eat it on a donut! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ItsADryHumor said:

Related, sort of: have you ever had Million Dollar Bacon? It’s drizzled in maple syrup and given a sprinkle of pepper. So good. I’d eat it on a donut! 

No but that sounds like something I would try. I wouldn't pay more than a half mil though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

After quest I grabbed some pizza which I completely forgot to take a picture of until I was eating it.

Time for bed now.

Next up is five sea days in a row. Time to separate the amateur and professional cruisers now 😀

Good night everyone. 

• Like 10

18 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

My mom got some shopping in. Her haul was pretty heavy so I came back to drop it off. She's going to be on her own with whatever else she finds.

She's not thinking ahead to having to carry this luggage later 😒...

I was just going to ask if she brought an extra suitcase to haul her loot home, then I continued reading...🫣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ItsADryHumor said:

6 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

No but that sounds like something I would try. I wouldn't pay more than a half mil though.

Served nightly in the steakhouse (no charge) on a sister cruiseline. Maybe #1 reason to sail with them, lol.

20231029_055421.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. 

The seas were really rocking last night. I suppose it was too much to ask for a smooth crossing both ways.

We gained an hour again last night putting us another hour closer to Eastern time. We are now just four hours ahead.

I've got walk a mile with Andy at 1015 and steakhouse brunch at noon. 

Off to start my five consecutive sea days.

• Like 14

9 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

I wouldn’t know, Cunard is out of my reach 😀

It was out of my reach too until I found this deal.

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I was just going to ask if she brought an extra suitcase to haul her loot home, then I continued reading...🫣

She almost did then changed her mind. She's been collecting large bags which solves the space problem but does nothing to change the weight.

We both severely overpacked for this trip.

• Like 8