New Medallion Accessories Received

Rick&Jeannie

Just received our medallions for our upcoming cruise.  We received an extra item from what we have normally gotten in the past.  Some (all?) of you may have seen this before...  It *may* be because this is the first time we have booked the Premier Fare Package...I don't know.  Normally we just get the medallion and the lanyard with the clear plastic holder (we never order any accessories.) Anyway...as you can see there is an additional interesting item...the blue clip device.  It springs open and *appears* to allow you to clip it onto a piece of clothing or maybe a lapel.  I doubt that we will use this, but I thought it was pretty interesting.  Certainly not worth all of the hoopla over the Premier package!

Medallion.jpg

The blue clip is the included 'medallion accessory' in the Premier Package. I know from experience as my brother had the Premier Package on a recent cruise with us and theirs were in their cabin on embarkation (they live in Canada so Medallions were not shipped there at that time). 

image.thumb.png.f31e89270bca17fdac34cdc5e07a7746.png

We haven’t received our medallions yet for our next cruise but I did see the same piece of junk was added onto my husband’s order. I thought it was funny (and cheap) that they only give one person the extra item even though we both paid for the Premier package. It would have been nice for Princess to offer a choice for the medallion accessory and also made it 1 per person and not 1 per booking. In the meantime I’ve bought a cute holder with some bling for my medallion on our next cruise and DH can use the cheap blue thing from Princess if he wants to.

IMG_3432.jpeg

Yes, the Blue clip is exclusive to the Premier package. I believe other colored clips are available at Ocean Front on board for $6. In the Princess marketing ads, the Premier Medallion accessory was shown as a ‘striped’ clip, but I have not seen it, so it might have been what was ‘planned’, but when finally executed, Princess settled for the ‘Blue’ color.