Ravenna taxi

Enigami

Getting a taxi in Ravenna is difficult, and it's done via an app. (Long story but I enlisted the assistance of a bartender in the bar next to my hotel when I checked out at 9PM due to the room being excessively hot!)  LOL

Take ship's transfer. 

This thread goes to a topic near and dear to many of us who tend to be independent travelers.  In the last few years, we have seen a trend to larger and larger cruise ships going to smaller and smaller ports that lack tourist infrastructure.  Ravenna is just such a place.  Depending on a taxi in such a place is almost folly!  Even if there were a dozen taxis waiting near a ship, they will quickly be snatched up by the first off a ship.  Even more troubling is that in Europe, many taxis will refuse short haul fares, in favor of long haul or being hired for a long tour.  

Some posters, including me, have tried to advise folks how to use public transport at various ports, but even this is not a good option at Ravenna.  Although we personally dislike cruise ship transfers, this is one of those cases where it makes good sense.  Of course, that assume that a cruise ship (or port) does provide a shuttle transfer.  If not, folks must learn to think "outside the box."  

I really like the OP's post because they are asking the correct question.  Many never ask, and you will often see their frustration at various ports.

Hank

• Like 2

Hi 

May I jump in? What is the best way to get to the cruise port from Ravenna train station. Appreciate the ship offers transfers back to train station post cruise but haven’t been able found limited information from train station to cruise port?