Carnival's new menu's put Celebrity's to shame

Cruisegoer

50 minutes ago, PH2 said:

why publish a dress code if you don't enforce it?

Excellent point-- We've probably read 100's of posts about " Dress Codes ".

It is not enforced because Staff are too afraid of the repercussions from Management when an " Entitled " slob complains.

End of story--

There are no divisions based on status here in Riff-Raff Class™ .

All are welcome.

Dress-code is expandable waistband and possibly a clean Hawaiian shirt for chic nights in the buffet.

Weapon of choice is the large catering spoon or ladle.

There are no supercilious waiters looking down their nose as you belly-up to the carvery section for your third visit.

After a few days you recognise the regulars - we all begin to gravitate to our favourite tables.

There's always the poor feller being given a right old rinsing by his Karen wife.

The rheumy-eyed old soaks who rock up as late as possible for a bit of soakage before heading off for a nightcap ( yes, that's us ).

And the funny thing is you never hear a complaint about the grub as it's generally good and filling.

Sometimes when we're in Mr Creosote mode after dinner we pass the paid-for restaurants and spy the couple dressed up for The Titanic still waiting for their Entrees - if we catch their eye we do that " phew I'm stuffed couldn't eat another thing " routine and give the expandable waistband a good old twang.

I tell you, it's much more fun down in steerage.

Edited by Baggy178

10 minutes ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

You must have made a wrong turn somewhere because last I checked, this is the Celebrity board.

What are you talking about? Of course. I know it's the celebrity board. I still have celebrity cruises booked. Is not going to book anything further.

On 9/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, hubofhockey said:

If you enjoy the Carnival experience and are on a tight budget, there's great value there.  If you're a partier who enjoys comfort food, especially burgers and pizza, then it might even be a better fit.  Many of us started off on Carnival cruises and had great times on the line.  When my kids were little, we took them on a Med cruise on the Magic.  Great memories.  But I have the means and find greater value, not affordability, to go Oceania (I loved Azamara, but will wait out new ownership until they get it together).  I can afford Regent, but find more value in Oceania.  It costs less and is more casual.  

One doesn't need to be on a tight budget to enjoy what you so derisively refer to as "the Carnival experience."  However, it may first require a trip to a proctologist to have the stick removed so that such a person could relax and enjoy themselves.

I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to take whatever cruise on whatever cruise line I want. I usually choose based on the itinerary rather than the cruise line. Last fall, I took a Windstar cruise from Athens to Barcelona. Last month, it was a Carnival cruise to Greenland and Newfoundland. And next month it will be a transatlantic cruise departing Barcelona on Celebrity. I'm also in the process of researching a cruise to Antartica on Seabourn. I enjoyed both the Windstar and Carnival cruises, and I am sure that I will be equally enamored with my upcoming cruises on Celebrity and Seabourn. But then again, I'm pretty easygoing and don't look down my nose at others.

• Like 1