Lake Como from Rome

thomastoo

6 hours ago, thomastoo said:

Wanted to know if it is worthwhile. It is quite expensive.

Depends on if you have seen other parts of Italy except this.  Might be easier and cheaper to book something on your own.  The frecciarossa high speed trains are very nice in business class.  Italy has lots of tours you can book in the cities with Viator or get your guide.  Lots of small good dining at inexpensive prices just check trip advisor.  Just decide where you want to go Florence Venice Milan Genoa or spend some time in Rome if you haven’t already .  We planned a 14 night post cruise Rome Florence Venice and Milan in Oct/Nov.  Lake como is beautiful but so are many places in Italy.  Do a little browsing on pricing something on your own and watch some Rick Steve’s videos and decide what you prefer and compare prices.  You can do a deviation and fly out of Milan, Florence, Venice if you choose.  Just my opinion, and I do like to plan trips.  

• Like 2

I just looked it up 4 days 3 nights 

Price: $6,399 per guest based on double occupancy.

may not be the same cruise but has the same post cruise lake como tour scroll to post cruise 

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY240915/summary?source=CruiseSearch&r=EURMD&m=2024-8_2024-9&dp=CIV#

I don’t think our 14 night trip is much more with meals tours nice hotels and transport 

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 1

I am with @Lonedaddy here. You basically get 2 days as day 1 is flying to Milan and day 4 is preparing to leave - that's a lot of money for 2 days.

If you haven't been to Italy before there is so much to see above and below Rome and the trains are great. Go south for Pompei, Vesuvius, Sorrento, Capri or North for Pisa, Florence or even Cinque Terre. And of course, you could just stay in Rome - my favourite city 💕

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisevirgin24 said:

If you decide to arrange your own trip to Lake Como, I recommend Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni, Bellagio.

https://www.villaserbelloni.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

However, in my opinion, a trip to Italy isn't complete without seeing Venice (if you haven't already).

Agreed on Villa Serbelloni.   Beautiful hotel, one of our top vacation memories.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thomastoo said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, we have been to all of the places mentioned. Milan and Lake Como are about the only places in Italy we have not visited. Seems like it would be better to do it on our own rather than use Regent.

Milan is worthy of a few days on its own and you can always do a day trip to lake Como.  Turin is also a beautiful city.  The Frecciarosa takes just over 3 hrs fro roma termini and under an hour on the frecciabianca from the port to Rome so with connection under 5 hrs for about $110 pp.  So basically, you can be in milan by 2 pm, much easier IMHOP than getting to airport 2 hrs prior and another ride into milan from Malpensa or Linate.

• Like 1