Fitness Classes

colingu

On my upcomimg 44 night cruise, Cunard is offering unlimited fitness classes for US$99.  From everyone's experience what combination of classes does Cunard offer on both sea & port days?  What do individual classes cost?  Sounds like a good deal as on my last cruise, albeit on Celebrity, a single pilates class cost US$20+.  I hope to combine weekly or twice weekly pilates classes with the other cardio/calorie burning fitness classes, otherwise I may come off the 6 week cruise the size of a ship!   

@exlondoner I just had to read this thread when I saw you were the first to respond. 😂

On topic; the gym facilities are good. For those that are used to doing their own cardio and muscular exercises a short workout each morning, or alternated with swimming or deck walking should keep the pounds off, provided you only eat what you need, rather than what you see.

The gym facilities are free.

If classes are all you're used to, sorry can't help. We hear all that stuff going on in our local gym but just ignore it and get on with our work.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

On the topic of the gym, do you need to bring your own gym towel? I mean a smallish towel to wipe off the "glow" and wipe down equipment, not a swimming towel. Or perhaps Cunard provide swimming towels for this purpose?

Edited by maggielou362
typo

Another gym question, sorry to hijack the thread! Cunard’s website says the gym opens at 0800, but from previous trips I recall it being quite a bit earlier than that. Is this a recent change, or is it flexible? We are travelling on QM2 next week.

It's 06:00 to 20:00 hrs on QM2 on sea days. I've put 7 recent Daily Programmes for QM2 in my recent Crossing report, and the times are at the bottom of the last page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1