When to book spa services?

smithop

Is it better to book in advance with the small discount offered, 10% on one spa service?  We have a spa balcony and plan on staying onboard for port days, I'm thinking they will offer bigger discounts once onboard for port days.

• Like 1

Before Covid, we bought it before we sailed do to not wanting it to be sold out. When we were getting our bands they were trying to sell to a couple for about $20 or so more than we paid. The couple pass is less than buying two individuals 

Edited by slavigne5577

Usually 6-7 weeks before sailing an email arrives offering up to 20% discounts. We wait for that to come before we make the call to grab it now or later. Booking ahead online has almost always worked well for us e.g. a 55 minute Elemis Sole Ritual with full pedicure was reduced from $55 to $44 for the port day we wanted so we grabbed it. That's a better price than what we can get in our area. Good luck

• Like 1

13 hours ago, smithop said:

Leaving tomorrow on Carnival Panorama so I'll update how things turn out, I know my wife wants to book a treatment.

I hope you have a fun time and enjoy the spa and the new Emeril  Lagasse dinner menus in the MDR. We hear the tough strip loin is still on the menu and are awaiting the return of the Flat Iron steak Carnival said is coming. 

Let us know how the spa pricing worked out for you, please. Have Fun

Edited by rainbowflag
  • Like 2

20230916_134003.thumb.jpg.7bcc1594016ce2e3999b5718c631814b.jpgAll spa cabins get a discount,  slightly better than the pre cruise email offer of 10-20-30%, it's 20-30-40%.

I can't see the port days prices yet because Carnival decided to update their IT system this weekend and the Hub is down until tonight.

We did the buffet last night for dinner  because I didn't want to line up for a table with Hub check in not available.   We won't see the new Emeril menu for a few days since we have steak house tonight then Teppanyaki tomorrow. 

Buffet was ok, enjoyed the beef rib meat, the carving station meat was tough, maybe a pork roast.

Edited by smithop
added pic
  • Like 1

Puerto Vallarta update:

We just arrived today, only planning a shopping visit to the mall across the street.

Good news:

Hub app is finally working, found a $50 spa coupon in there as anniversary gift.  Tip - always indicate a special occasion to get gifts :), you have an anniversary every year right? No need to tell them the date lol.

555 Steakhouse was excellent,  nice music from the piano bar.  Anniversary gift was a champagne toast with dessert.

Teppanyaki excellent,  filet and 🦞.  A bit rushed but a fun dinner.

Bad news :

Our friends did MDR, very dissatisfied with lasagna, tasted like chef boyardee kids meal.  Slow service, and could only book the rear MDR on hub app.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:33 AM, rainbowflag said:

I hope you have a fun time and enjoy the spa and the new Emeril  Lagasse dinner menus in the MDR. We hear the tough strip loin is still on the menu and are awaiting the return of the Flat Iron steak Carnival said is coming. 

Let us know how the spa pricing worked out for you, please. Have Fun

I've only tried the ceviche appetizer, it was very nice flavors.  There are only one app and one entre from Emeril on each menu, I was expecting more.

Last night was the second formal so we had prime rib and lobster, both were excellent.   I didn't want to try the Emeril beef carpaccio app, funny how I like sushi but not raw beef. Melting chocolate cake with ice cream and peanut butter did not disappoint 😋

I used the $50 spa gift on the Elemis sole pedi, it was $29 plus 18% fee on the $79 price, so $43.

We have enjoyed the cruise and spa cabin, making great use of the thermal suite and Serenity deck.  Next time we want to try the Havana suites.

• Thanks 1