First timer for X - have questions!

jill5172

Hi there!  Just booked a Celebrity Suite for the Dec 1-7, 2023 Eclipse sailing to Los Cabos from Los Angeles.  I've never sailed Celebrity before but have sailed Disney concierge, NCL Haven and RCCL in various cabins in years past.  Having read through a lot of threads here recently I am unclear as to some of the perks of our cabin.

For example - during the booking process it stated that this cabin/this sailing should include premium drinks, premium wi-fi, tips and OBC.  When I got my cruise confirmation, it gave us $300 each in OBC but the cruise confirmation did not say anything about gratuities, premium drinks or premium wifi being included.  In fact, when we went to the "plan my cruise" section of the webpage, it offered us the opportunity to pay for a premium drinks and premium wifi package.  

I ended up calling them to confirm and (after over an hour on hold, argh) and a lot of behind the scenes typing on the agent's part, she said we definitely have them and sent me a confirmation with $0.0 for tips, premium drinks and premium wifi.  I am very confused ... any help on this would be appreciated! 

Edited by jill5172
accidently posted before it was done

Another first-timer here booked for the Retreat in Jan.  Like you, we booked prior to the announced changes so Premium WIFI, drinks and tips are included.  I've found the Retreat Concierge line is hit or miss - you may get a newbie one day or someone very helpful the next.  Just hang up on the newbie and call back later.  I've never waited very long.  

You'll be able to verify your package inclusions in the Manage Reservation section.  Once there, you'll see the Packages and  Extras section lists your inclusions (below)

image.png.2d06c6049b4cd64859fe173cf29c951b.png

Edited by Winemaker_1
  • Thanks 1

One other thing if you haven't paid in full yet: watch your balance.  Several of us have seen the website pre-selecting the Pre-paid Tips package even if you booked a suite that already includes them.   I think this must be in preparation for the 10/4 changes.  For now, you can just remove that charge and your balance should correct.

• Thanks 1

log-into-account.thumb.png.cad50c3d2ed0afffd6ac2c443ca9e348.png

Once you are logged in select your cruise and click on the blue Plan My Cruise button.

plan-my-cruise.png.62dc77b44b10ecdf919d06c194ab44e3.png

In the upper right hand corner click on your initials

clickonInitials.png.b45a2e65a9aa7f5278040ce2698c8650.png

Select  Click on Order History

review-orders.thumb.png.2720785b077a6d567c307b9d7396d8fe.png

Click on View Details for the items shown with $0.00 value.  They should be your WiFi and your drink Package.

For example, the premium drink package will show this.

PremiumBeverage.thumb.png.add182b78c21c98559aed1cd7a89e878.png

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Thanks 1

@DaKahuna - thank you so much for the step-by-step tutorial!  It's all there.  😃

Next question - we tried to book the Chef's Table dining experience but the only available time is 12:00 PM on the day of embarkation, which cannot be serious, can it?  It seems from the description that it's an evening event.  Even if it is offered at lunch as well, it would surprise me that it would be offered on the day of embarkation.  

Is it possible that this is something that you book and then they tell you later which night/time to show up?  Sort of like how we had to select a day and time for the Persian Garden spa pass, which should theoretically be available the entire trip?

2 minutes ago, jill5172 said:

@DaKahuna - thank you so much for the step-by-step tutorial!  It's all there.  😃

Next question - we tried to book the Chef's Table dining experience but the only available time is 12:00 PM on the day of embarkation, which cannot be serious, can it?  It seems from the description that it's an evening event.  Even if it is offered at lunch as well, it would surprise me that it would be offered on the day of embarkation.  

Is it possible that this is something that you book and then they tell you later which night/time to show up?  Sort of like how we had to select a day and time for the Persian Garden spa pass, which should theoretically be available the entire trip?

Answering my own question - read the fine print; it's all there!   😄

• Your restaurant location and dining time will be confirmed in your stateroom on embarkation day.

18 hours ago, jill5172 said:

Hi there!  Just booked a Celebrity

With Celebrity, once you board the ship you can go directly to your stateroom. Your Seapass card will be at your stateroom (keep it) and you can drop off any carry on(s) you may have. You are asked not to stay in your stateroom. When the general announcement is made that the staterooms are ready then you are allowed to go back and do whatever.  

Edited by doghog