Vista 12011

Sibsie

Has anyone stayed in Oceania Suite 12011?  Currently booked in a PH1 on deck 11 with the extended balcony.  I'd definitely pull the trigger for an aft suite as we love a big balcony so I'd like to know how the balcony is on this one in real life.  There just aren't many reviews online with photos or videos for specific cabins.

Just now, Sibsie said:

Has anyone stayed in Oceania Suite 12011?  Currently booked in a PH1 on deck 11 with the extended balcony.  I'd definitely pull the trigger for an aft suite as we love a big balcony so I'd like to know how the balcony is on this one in real life.  There just aren't many reviews online with photos or videos for specific cabins.

The balcony is reasonably wide but not deep.  It has a lounger.  The cabin is a lot larger than a penthouse.  If you are going on Vista, I find the new layout to be disappointing.  The Marina and Riviera Oceania Suite Layout is much nicer in my opinion.

• Like 1

The Oceania Suites on deck 11 have the large balconies and the layout in the suite compensates for this.   IF you can - get a Vista suite if you have a port-intensive cruise.  Those are a lot bigger with far bigger balconies.  But are in the front of the ship so on sea days there can be a lot of wind and at night you are not allowed to have any light outside (makes navigation from the Bridge a problem).  We have had an Oceania suite on 12.  Loved it.  but the balcony was really narrow.  Also a Vista suite and that was a LOT better.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Can’t get a vista suite. It’s pretty port intensive but lots of ports (Carib) that we’ve been to before so we’re happy chilling on the ship a lot of the time.  It’s our first Oceania cruise so we’ll definitely be uploading some decent pics of whichever cabin we finally settle on. 

On 9/11/2023 at 11:57 AM, cruisingxpert said:

The balcony is reasonably wide but not deep.  It has a lounger.  The cabin is a lot larger than a penthouse.  If you are going on Vista, I find the new layout to be disappointing.  The Marina and Riviera Oceania Suite Layout is much nicer in my opinion.

We’ve never had an Oceania Suite on any ship, but curious as to what you 
      found “ disappointing “  about the layout on Vista ?

On 9/11/2023 at 3:25 PM, Hambagahle said:

The Oceania Suites on deck 11 have the large balconies and the layout in the suite compensates for this.   IF you can - get a Vista suite if you have a port-intensive cruise.  Those are a lot bigger with far bigger balconies.  But are in the front of the ship so on sea days there can be a lot of wind and at night you are not allowed to have any light outside (makes navigation from the Bridge a problem).  We have had an Oceania suite on 12.  Loved it.  but the balcony was really narrow.  Also a Vista suite and that was a LOT better.

Still curious about Vista Deck 12 Oceania Suites which you “ loved. “. What did you love - or dislike ( other than balcony )- about it ?  Were you on Port or Starboard side and what about any noise from above ?  Looks like from the Deck Plan that some starboard side suites are below Horizons Bandstand or Bar …

We were in an Oceania suite on Riviera.  Not on Vista.  (Haven't been on Vista yet - that is for April 24. ).  We loved the layout of the Oceania Suite.  And the comfort.  Previously the top suite we had had was a Seven Seas Aft Suite on Regent's Mariner.  The Oceania suite was a huge step up from this - aside from the width of the balcony.   I note that the Oceania suites on Vista also have the same small balcony.  it is not wide - chaise longue takes up most of the width and is hard to walk by.  But the suite itself is really nice.   We have also been in the Owners Suite on Riviera - same problem with the balcony but on Vista I see that has been solved BUT the living room and bedroom has lost "territory" as a result!  We really really liked the Vista suite on Riviera.  And on Vista the Vista suite is essentially the same except the little fitness room has been removed and bathroom expanded.  Fine with me - if I need fitness machines I will go to the gym!   As I said above there are two issues with the Vista suite balcony:  Often when the ship is underway there is too much wind to use it comfortably and at night you cannot have any lights on the balcony NOR can you have curtains in the actual suite open because the light affects the view that the officers on the bridge get.  (Don't want that!!)  That is why we pick this suite for a port-intensive cruise.  Once we sail we are in the bars or restaurants anyway.  At least for the most part.  And on the open sea unless you see a passing ship there really aren't any views.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response, Hambagahle.

Oceania has made it somewhat confusing to ask about specific Suite Categories on specific Oceania ships.  For instance, there are Oceania Suites on Oceania ships and Vista Suites on Oceania ships.  And…There are Vista Suites on the Oceania Vista ship. 

I was particularly asking about Oceania Suites on the Oceania Vista ship which I think the Original Poster had posed 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1