Never sailed NCL

aml3679

My husband and I are frequently Celebrity cruisers.  Celebrity is getting expensive.  We are looking at a March 2025 14 day leaving out of Tampa.  The price is great.  Thoughts?  Any opinions on an ocean view cabin?  What is included as far as drinks and specialty dining?  Thanks.

34 minutes ago, aml3679 said:

My husband and I are frequently Celebrity cruisers.  Celebrity is getting expensive.  We are looking at a March 2025 14 day leaving out of Tampa.  The price is great.  Thoughts?  Any opinions on an ocean view cabin?  What is included as far as drinks and specialty dining?  Thanks.

The link below has the current promotions which include a 2 specialty dining meals (you pay the gratuities of $19.80 per person), free beverage package (you pay the gratuities of $305.20 per person - higher because of the length of the cruise), shore ex credit, etc.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-deals/free-at-sea

The Jewel is a 2400 passenger ship, so it is smaller and older, but has been refurbished. We have sailed on the Jewel several times and would not hesitate to sail on her again. It is a lovely itinerary that is fairly port intensive, so an Ocean View would be o.k. 

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, aml3679 said:

We too are Celebrity fans and you are right. The cost increase on Celebrity seems to have gotten very high. I think they may be trying to change their passenger demographic.

Anyway, next to price,  the most important thing in cruising is the itinerary. Cabins are close to the same on all cruise lines. Food is a topic that will always cause argument LOL.

We have been on NCL and enjoyed it as much as we did on Celebrity. So, if you found an itinerary you like and the price is right, you cannot go wrong taking NCL.

Absolutely agree with above posts. We couldn’t pick between Celebrity or NCL as our favourite line.

It’s a great itinerary and decent price with Flash Sale on. 
Itinerary is always our 1st choice over anything else, so we usually end up on smaller and older ships, because they usually have the better ones. 
Done a Gem and Jade, same class as Jewel (got her Jan next year) and found inside cabins are too small for us but ocean view were fine. That said I’d say they are a little smaller than Celebrity, at least Reflection & Silhouette, but nothing I couldn’t live with.

Our last time on NCL, Sky in May, the service & food was the best we’ve had on all of their sailings. Although their French onion soup isn’t as good as Celebrity, imo!

I’d get booking before that flash sale ends😉