Can guaranteed balcony cabins overlook the boardwalk?

I think I found the answer myself already, and that answer is yes. So, I may have screwed up a bit, but I think I'm also comfortable with my choice in the end. We're cruising for the first time on the December 31 sailing of Harmony of the Seas from Galveston. I book a guaranteed balcony and did a lot of thinking and felt comfortable about it, but forgot about the possibility of not getting ocean view since they have "interior view" balconies. Mixed feelings but I think I'm OK with it. (No going back anyway LOL.) First time cruiser with my family. From what I looked I should find the room category code, which will give the answer, but I can't seem to find it... Honestly, I think most of the family would be OK with a boardwalk or park overlook, the teen would probably the one who disliked it the most...

Yes you could and probably will be assigned a Boardwalk or Central Park balcony but if you really want an Oceanview balcony you can upgrade and just pay the difference between what you already paid and what the OV balconies are selling for now. That’s if they are not sold out. Keep checking daily for price reductions if they’re still available because as you get closer and they’re not sold out they’ll drop the price for a few days at some point.

33 minutes ago, breathesgelatin said:

I think I found the answer myself already, and that answer is yes. So, I may have screwed up a bit, but I think I'm also comfortable with my choice in the end. We're cruising for the first time on the December 31 sailing of Harmony of the Seas from Galveston. I book a guaranteed balcony and did a lot of thinking and felt comfortable about it, but forgot about the possibility of not getting ocean view since they have "interior view" balconies. Mixed feelings but I think I'm OK with it. (No going back anyway LOL.) First time cruiser with my family. From what I looked I should find the room category code, which will give the answer, but I can't seem to find it... Honestly, I think most of the family would be OK with a boardwalk or park overlook, the teen would probably the one who disliked it the most...

It depends on what gty category you booked.  On Oasis class there are two.

XN is a neighborhood balcony gty

XB is an Oceanview balcony gty.

Not sure it will show on your invoice but you can call and ask Royal what category you have booked.  It shows on invoices travel agents send out but I'm not sure if it does for invoices generated from the consumer website. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It depends on what gty category you booked.  On Oasis class there are two.

XN is a neighborhood balcony gty

XB is an Oceanview balcony gty.

Not sure it will show on your invoice but you can call and ask Royal what category you have booked.  It shows on invoices travel agents send out but I'm not sure if it does for invoices generated from the consumer website. 

Yep, I was looking for the code but can't find it on my invoice. Good tip to call.