Uber to Cruise Port

tonyfall1

Hi,

My wife and I are flying in a day early for our NCL Breakaway cruise. NCL is charging us $100 total for a shuttle to and from MSY for our cruise. Seems reasonable but since we are coming in a day early, we will need to Uber to our hotel and then back to the airport the next day to pick up the shuttle. I am wondering if it just makes more sense to cancel the NCL transport and Uber back and forth to the cruise port.

7 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

NCL is charging us $100 total for a shuttle to and from MSY for our cruise.

Its about $40 each way from MSY to the cruise terminal in an UberX so its not actually that great of a deal considering all the time you'll spend waiting around for the bus to fill and then empty etc. 

7 hours ago, tonyfall1 said:

Seems reasonable but since we are coming in a day early, we will need to Uber to our hotel and then back to the airport the next day to pick up the shuttle. I am wondering if it just makes more sense to cancel the NCL transport and Uber back and forth to the cruise port.

Where is your hotel? It sounds like you might be complicating this considerably. If you are staying downtown in New Orleans, the cruise pier is also right downtown. Going back to the airport would be an enormous waste of time, energy, and money.

If you were staying but the airport, maybe you might have a case for this. 

9 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Its about $40 each way from MSY to the cruise terminal in an UberX so its not actually that great of a deal considering all the time you'll spend waiting around for the bus to fill and then empty etc. 

Where is your hotel? It sounds like you might be complicating this considerably. If you are staying downtown in New Orleans, the cruise pier is also right downtown. Going back to the airport would be an enormous waste of time, energy, and money.

If you were staying but the airport, maybe you might have a case for this. 

We were planning on just staying by the airport since that's where the NCL shuttle pick up is.  But then I started thinking about not using the NCL shuttle.

23 minutes ago, tonyfall1 said:

We were planning on just staying by the airport since that's where the NCL shuttle pick up is.  But then I started thinking about not using the NCL shuttle.

It’s such a fun town for a night- I’d just cancel the NCL shuttle and stay downtown by the pier. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, tonyfall1 said:

I think I read Ubers are plentiful and easy to get?

Very much so. And usually a lot nicer than the taxis there.

New Orleans doesn't have very high standards for the quality of vehicles they allow to be taxis-- the last time I didn't take an Uber and took a cab outside my hotel it was a 15 year old Chevy Suburban that must have had a million miles on it and I swear was creaking so badly I didn't think we'd make it to the airport. Never will do that again. 

• Like 1