Carnival Panorama boarding time

htkodiak

17 hours ago, htkodiak said:

I can't seem to find a definite time that the boarding will start.Does the Panorama arrive in port at different times and start boarding accordingly ?Also is there a dedicated diamond/platinum line ?Any info is greatly appreciated.

Panorama lists arrival time at 9AM for almost all their dockings at Long Beach. The ship usually arrives around 7AM.

Yes there is Priority Boarding with dedicated lines. Our last trip on Panorama, our boarding time was 12PM, we got there at 11:20AM and no one blinked an eye.

You won't find a general boarding time. You will get pushed to your reservation to select your Online Check-in and selecting an individual Arrival Appointment.

Have you asked this on the Carnival board?

Remember it takes cruise ships 8-10 hours to do their off load of pax, resupply of the ship, and loading the new pax on, with all the associated details like Immigration,  muster drill, etc. I have only heard of the smaller ships cutting this time commitment. Expect Carnival to be docking by, or before 7am.

We took a cruise on the Radiance earlier this month and I was observing the layout for our next cruise which we will be platinum.  There is a dedicated area for diamond/platinum.  After you are through the metal detectors and the line where the dogs sniff your carry on, walk all the way through the seating area.  You will see a person at a podium, they will look and your documents and let you into the area.  It is a separate room with big glass walls.  About 10:45am the folks(diamond/platinum) came out of the room and lined up to get on the ship.  After that, FTTF was allowed on and then A01, A02, etc.

As a side note, my husband and I, each at different times, witnessed one of the dogs doing his job of smelling something.  The dog and handler walked down the line of guests and the dog I watched sat down on a backpack.  His handler immediately gave him his reward, some kind of dog toy.  Another person came over and asked the people standing in front of the backpack who it belonged to.  This person picked up the backpack and had two men follow her.  End of story.

I just got off the panorama. Boarding the ship was a zoo and I’m platinum. My boarding time was 12. Yes there was a designated sign for priority boarding, however once you went through, there was not another designated area for platinum guest. Maybe if I had an earlier arrival perhaps. It took an hour to board and once you board, you are required to go check into your muster station and you cannot go to room until 1:30. 

Leaving the ship was much easier. The ship did arrive at 9:30 and the cruise director announced it was going to take at least 45 minutes. If you elected to take your luggage off, they would call you by your muster station. ( I chose to put my luggage off the night before). Fortunately the priority guest met in the liquid lounge, and we were able to leave about 10:30. Met our transportation at 11 after retrieving our luggage, and going through customs. (Get a porter as they have a shorter line for customs with a passport)