Cruising in the rain

azrenne

Has anyone cruised in the rain? We are leaving in 6 days and I went on line to weather.com and the 10 day forcast says it will have thunder storms the day we get on the ship in NO. Looked up the first port after being at sea for the first 2 days which is Montego Bay and it says rain there to. So Iam wondering if that means we are going to have rain the 2 days at sea. Does the cruise ship ever do special things will at sea in the rain?

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

It didn't rain when we were at sea, but it did in Jamaica. We were in the ocean at Margaritaville, and just kept going like normal. After all, we were already wet. Note: I said rain, not thunderstorm. Of course, you shouldn't be in the water if lightening is in the area.

Carnival Conquest 4/18/04

It really don't matter if it's raining or not as far as I'm concerned as long as I'm at sea it's all good icon_wink.gif

15_4_108v.gif

USS RUSHMORE LSD14(MANYTIMES)

TRIUMPH 10/03

SENSATIONAL SAINTS AND SINNERS 10/04

VALOR VAMPIRES 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

It's Louisiana. It says rain everyday. Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to rain. LOL I'm from here....they say that to cover every aspect of the crazy weather here. I wish you sunny skies.

We sail out of N.O. Thursday...they call for rain....I'm thinking NOT!~

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

06/04 Holiday Cruise

Nordic Empress 10/92

Ecstasy 10/98

Holiday 10/02

On the days at sea, the Captain will try to follow a "sun spot" away from the clouds if it's possible. This time of year, you tend to get scattered showers, but they usually don't last very long. I was in Cancun at the beginning of May for a week, and there were two days where we had on-and-off sprinkles, but were still able to do what we wanted. I think you'll be just fine, and enjoy your cruise!! You'll like the Conquest a lot!

In the caribbean, rain does not seem the same... I found myself lying by the pool... enjoy myself, and my BF said... "is this not bothering you"... it had been "raining" for 5 minutes... I could not even feel it, and once I did, it was SO refreshing! It lasted for all of 10 minutes and was gone... You will have a great time, rain or shine!

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;03;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since our First Cruise on the Sensation 7/3/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Sensational Cruise from the Bayou!

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

When I was in the USNavy I used to tell myself. What a waste. Rain hitting the ocean where it does no good.

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Archived