Should we wait to check in?

jamerly

My husband's name is wrong on our cruise reservation. It's Chris rather than Christopher, and Christopher is on his passport. He called to have it changed and RCI wouldn't do it for him because we used a travel agent, and she has to do it. I asked her to do it last week, but when I got on to do our check-in tonight, it's still  not updated. Should I wait until it's fixed to check him in? I went ahead and checked the kids and me in and we got an 11:30 time slot. If I wait to check him in until this is fixed and he can't get the same time slot as us, will they go ahead and let him on at 11:30 with us? Thanks for any insight!!

7 hours ago, jamerly said:

If I wait to check him in until this is fixed and he can't get the same time slot as us, will they go ahead and let him on at 11:30 with us?

When you check him in, his arrival time will be the same as everyone else on the reservation. Once you select a time for the first passenger you check in, their system populates the same arrival time for everyone else on the reservation.

I checked my husband and me in and we got different times.  I laughed at him because my time was earlier!  I told him buh bye!  I will meet up with you at Cafe Promenade!  I knew we would check in together and nobody would care.  Overnight his check in time changed to mine.  I don’t think I’ve ever really checked in right at my check in time.  It depends on how long it takes to drop off our bags and park the car and walk back to the terminal.  We only sail out of Galveston if that makes any difference.

8 hours ago, jamerly said:

If I wait to check him in until this is fixed and he can't get the same time slot as us, will they go ahead and let him on at 11:30 with us? Thanks for any insight!!

The fine print will say something to the effect of "please arrive with your entire party at the assigned time". Your husband is part of your party so he'll be allowed to check in with the rest of you.