Docking into Bilbao on a Bank holiday

EA1978

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of going on a P&O cruise to Spain next year. My dilemma is that it sails at the end of April and arrives in Bilbao on the 1st May. With this being the May Day Bank holiday, I'm concerned that a lot of places in the city will be closed as well as any shore excursions that are offered are going to be very limited. 

Therefore, I'm reaching out to any experienced cruisers out there who have happened to have been on cruises which have docked in cities (Bilbao in particular) during a Bank holiday. Are various places closed, including tourist attractions? And are you limited to what shore excursions you can do?

Many thanks for any help and advice that can be given to me.

I'd ask in the Ports of Call forum.  My take is that there will be little difference in the shore excursions or port activities during any holiday.  No Cruise Director worth her salt will allow her pax to be without entertainment.  And ... money makes the world go 'round, so few attractions will be closed.  Probably most of the small businesses will not open that day ... but the locals will be out travelling around and they need something to do as well.