Specialty dining scheduling issue

Captain k

Good afternoon.  First world problem here lol!  When trying to schedule specialty dining on our next May cruise, only Sabatinis shows as available.  Since we have the premier package and two specialty dinners, would like to schedule the Crown Grill one night.  Is it possible that it is sold out eight months in the future?  Only the two specialty restaurants on the ship.  Could it be that with the package deals now, there is too much demand.  Not really wanting to go to Sabatinis two times.  If this is the case, it’s another package ‘perk’ that is not useable (kinda like unlimited desserts!).  Emailed our Princess rep who responded that we could check availability once on the ship.  That has not worked for us in the past.  Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Captain k said:

.  Emailed our Princess rep who responded that we could check availability once on the ship.  That has not worked for us in the past

really glad you put that in and have first hand experience - as you will get posters stating they have 'never had a problem' booking on the ship.  We also were shut out on our last cruise from Crown Grill, and only opening night on Sabatini's was available - which we took.  If you can't get any specialty dining once onboard - you better be at customer service "demanding😉/requesting on board credit - and it should be refundable - because it is something you paid for.

Check back closer to sail date ... could you book Sabatini's with your dining credit now?

52 minutes ago, Captain k said:

Good afternoon.  First world problem here lol!  When trying to schedule specialty dining on our next May cruise, only Sabatinis shows as available.  Since we have the premier package and two specialty dinners, would like to schedule the Crown Grill one night.  Is it possible that it is sold out eight months in the future?  Only the two specialty restaurants on the ship.  Could it be that with the package deals now, there is too much demand.  Not really wanting to go to Sabatinis two times.  If this is the case, it’s another package ‘perk’ that is not useable (kinda like unlimited desserts!).  Emailed our Princess rep who responded that we could check availability once on the ship.  That has not worked for us in the past.  Thoughts?

It could be an App error.  I would ask others on your roll call, if they’re able to book the CG.

Did you try DMW on the website version of the App?  Go to your cruise personalizer >checkin>dine my way>sign in using your name, dob and booking no.

Not likely every day and time is booked.  Does it even show CG as a choice, but just that it is not available?

If you can’t get anything booked,

I would report it to the IT team. 

We have the same problem for an upcoming cruise.  When I couldn't make the reservation for the Crown Grill on the App, I called 1 800 Princess and was informed that they were not taking reservations in the Crown Grill until after final payment, even for Elites.  They did say that we could get a reservation in Sabatinis at this time, which didn't make sense.  

I then sent an email to cs requesting the reservation, and all I got back was an automated message saying that they are overwhelmed with emails and will get back to me when they have time.

Customer service?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Donwoods123 said:

, I called 1 800 Princess and was informed that they were not taking reservations in the Crown Grill until after final payment, even for Elites.

Not true.  I have booked CG, without issue, way before FP. 
We’re Elite.  

I hope they haven’t just made more changes.😳

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 9/21/2023 at 10:57 AM, Donwoods123 said:

We have the same problem for an upcoming cruise.  When I couldn't make the reservation for the Crown Grill on the App, I called 1 800 Princess and was informed that they were not taking reservations in the Crown Grill until after final payment, even for Elites.  They did say that we could get a reservation in Sabatinis at this time, which didn't make sense.  

I then sent an email to cs requesting the reservation, and all I got back was an automated message saying that they are overwhelmed with emails and will get back to me when they have time.

Customer service?

Update.  Was finally able to get the Crown Grill reservation on the App.  

On 9/21/2023 at 1:57 PM, Donwoods123 said:

Customer service?

Appears to be bad information given as I was able get Crown Grill reservations prior to final payment as an Elite. I made reservations for that, Sabatinis and Catch by Rudi.

5 minutes ago, Donwoods123 said:

It was finally on the app yesterday.

I don't know why 1 800 Princess couldn't help me make the reservation.

Still have not received response to my email to cs.  

I would not expect an answer very soon from CS.  Ymmv

So, you did make it on the App, it sounds like.

However, if you run into this again, try the website version of the App for DMW?

Cruise personalizer> check in..move down to “try

our web version” right under the Google buttons.  Sign in using your booking number, name, dob.

Sometimes this will work, as opposed to the downloaded App.