Vista - Early morning announcements waking up cruisers

Ron&Sue

On 10/25/2023 at 5:48 PM, sunlover12 said:

I was on Nautica at the end of August,  The CD was Leslie Jon.  He is fantastic. He's a natural at the job. Just the right amount of talking. I've been on 7 Oceania cruises, all with different CDs.  Leslie Jon was the best.  I don't know if he is still on Nautica.

Enjoy the cruise. 

Well unfortunately it’s not Leslie! It’s Julie, an older British lady. Started off with an EXTREMELY LOUD announcement soon after it was announced that all cabins were ready and then had to immediately come back on the loudspeaker to CORRECT her announcement, as it was totally wrong! I can already tell she is going to get on my nerves.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Furball83 said:

Well unfortunately it’s not Leslie! It’s Julie, an older British lady. Started off with an EXTREMELY LOUD announcement soon after it was announced that all cabins were ready and then had to immediately come back on the loudspeaker to CORRECT her announcement, as it was totally wrong! I can already tell she is going to get on my nerves.

Julie is one of my favorite Oceania CDs because she keeps announcements to minimum. Has to make more than I would like due to Oceania policies. However, when I thanked her for keeping announcements to a minimum, she told me that she feels guests are intelligent enough to read in Currents what's going on. They do not need to have full activity list read back to them! I so agree with her and appreciate that attitude.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, edgee said:

Julie is one of my favorite Oceania CDs because she keeps announcements to minimum. Has to make more than I would like due to Oceania policies. However, when I thanked her for keeping announcements to a minimum, she told me that she feels guests are intelligent enough to read in Currents what's going on. They do not need to have full activity list read back to them! I so agree with her and appreciate that attitude.

We were on a B2B last Fall. Julie was CD on the first segment and Dottie on the second. What a stark difference hitting you immediately! 😳 Let’s just say that Dottie seems to relish in the term “ burning up the airwaves “! 🤮🥹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We were on a B2B last Fall. Julie was CD on the first segment and Dottie on the second. What a stark difference hitting you immediately! 😳 Let’s just say that Dottie seems to relish in the term “ burning up the airwaves “! 🤮🥹

For me personally it’s not what Dottie says but how she says it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, ORV said:

For me personally it’s not what Dottie says but how she says it. 

Julie grew on me. And she is, of course, not British, but Australian, originally from Tasmania. Hope Dottie is not on the Vista next year!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:09 AM, pinotlover said:

I am now on Vista with the great Ray Carr as cruise director. He told us he will succeed Dottie on Insignia when she leaves after doing the first part of the World Cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

I am now on Vista with the great Ray Carr as cruise director. He told us he will succeed Dottie on Insignia when she leaves after doing the first part of the World Cruise.

Ray is my favorite CD. Guess this means he won’t be on my cruise next Spring. 😔

• Like 1