Where to buy wine in San Pedro?

GeorgiaGrandma 1

There's not much of a selection for shopping anywhere near the Doubletree.  I would look to stop on your way to the hotel on the 20th.  San Padro isn't the safest port town once you venture to far from the hotel.  I had to go out late one night for an RX and ended up at a Target in a not so nice area.  There were many liquor stores along the route but I doubt the wine selection was what you want.  

depends on what you want, but you are going to need a Lyft/Uber to get there.  There are several bodega style beer and wine places fairly close.  In North San Pedro there are Trader joes  Vons grocery then further north in Torrance, there is a Total Wine and More.  Knowing TJs you can probably fine a nice balance of moderately priced wines there, it would probably be my choice.  If you want something special Total Wine would be the go to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 10:23 AM, GeorgiaGrandma 1 said:

I really appreciate receiving all of these great recommendations 🙌  Thanks!

We order online at Vons and do a quick pickup with Uber/Lyft on the way to the hotel. 

We stay at the Crowne Plaza and the Vons on Gaffey is the closest.  We also have ordered and had wine delivered to the hotel.

The Doubletree has a shuttle and they will take you anywhere within 5 miles you want to go.  They took us to the grocery store which had liquor, wine and beer.  They also had a great deli for sandwiches.  Shuttle is free.