125 days out, pre booking now open, but...

sebas030

I am latitudes platinum and I tried to book entertainment and restaurants last night.

Entertainment says "too early to book" ( but I am 125 days out ) and was able to book 1 restaurant. The other 2 that I wanted to book and use the platinum vouchers once on board are available but I would have to pay for them at time of booking.

So, the latitudes perk of pre booking early was 1 restaurant for my 10 day cruise...wow I feel so privileged  

24 minutes ago, sebas030 said:

I am latitudes platinum and I tried to book entertainment and restaurants last night.

Entertainment says "too early to book" ( but I am 125 days out ) and was able to book 1 restaurant. The other 2 that I wanted to book and use the platinum vouchers once on board are available but I would have to pay for them at time of booking.

So, the latitudes perk of pre booking early was 1 restaurant for my 10 day cruise...wow I feel so privileged  

So, you must book teppanyaki and moderno first to avoid charges. Call NCL to help. 

Entertainment is available to book 21 days prior to departure, coincident with your online check-in. 12 midnight US eastern time. Top tier latitudes, you're suppose to be able to book 25 days (or 26 days) prior to departure. 

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So, you must book teppanyaki and moderno first to avoid charges. Call NCL to help. 

Entertainment is available to book 21 days prior to departure, coincident with your online check-in. 12 midnight US eastern time. Top tier latitudes, you're suppose to be able to book 25 days (or 26 days) prior to departure. 

Entertainment says "too early to book, available 29/09 " ( in 5 days or 120 days out ) 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, sebas030 said:

Yes

You would only have been able to book one of them without paying if you just have a one meal package, but now you have booked something else you will be charged for any fixed price place you want.

The guide in my signature is quite out of date, but the bit regarding avoiding paying for reservations is still valid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Well I just called NCL, they can't make the reservation for me for Moderno and Teppanyaki unless I pay now for the meals even if I want to use my platinum vouchers for them.

Guess it is going to be a mad run to the reservation desk on embarkation day then...

UNLESS... I will be sailing with my 2 teens. I have to buy a 3 meal SDP for my daughter. Do you think that once I make that purchase I will be able to book the restaurants without paying for them upfront ?

If I were you, I would definitely cancel the first reservation you made, then book Teppanyaki. It will not charge you as it'll line up with your Free at Sea dining meal. Teppanyaki is probably the most difficult restaurant to get a reservation at as the experience is limited to the number of hibachi tables and these only turn over a certain number of times each night. 

Whatever you do, good luck and happy eating!

On 9/24/2023 at 11:01 AM, sebas030 said:

Well I just called NCL, they can't make the reservation for me for Moderno and Teppanyaki unless I pay now for the meals even if I want to use my platinum vouchers for them.

Guess it is going to be a mad run to the reservation desk on embarkation day then...

UNLESS... I will be sailing with my 2 teens. I have to buy a 3 meal SDP for my daughter. Do you think that once I make that purchase I will be able to book the restaurants without paying for them upfront ?

I was able to call NCL yesterday and cancel the other specialty restaurant reservations that I made online and booked the Teppanyaki restaurant first before adding back the other reservations. I had 3 specialty meals plus 2 Platinum meals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy_Traveler_2008 said:

I was able to call NCL yesterday and cancel the other specialty restaurant reservations that I made online and booked the Teppanyaki restaurant first before adding back the other reservations. I had 3 specialty meals plus 2 Platinum meals. 

I did just that, thank you for the tip.

To bad the rep yesterday didn't try to help me and offer  me this solution...

thank you,