switching from TA to PCC

glorialagos

When I booked with my TA, I can log into the HAL site and the booking is there. I can add dining, excursions etc. The payment info is on the invoices I receive from the TA. I keep them all in a Google folder with the invoice date as part of the file name so I can easily access the most recent. If you can find your confirmation number on something from the TA, you should be able to add it to your HAL account. That said, the TA should have linked you to your Mariner account for pricing purposes.

I have a Platinum AMEX, so if I use one of their authorized TAs, I get a couple hundred bucks of OBC. I love our TA, and she's gone to bat for us when there have been issues.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:55 PM, glorialagos said:

I'm actually not even sure what I am asking!  My friend and I in the past just booked online with HAL and were assigned a PCC.  We had terrible service from our last one and did not want to use him.  We live in a small town with a mom and pop travel agency and decided to support a local business and had a TA there book our current cruise.  We now feel so out of the loop.  It seems we cannot manage our own booking, can't log in and make payments, can't see what we have paid.  We are wondering now if it is possible to transfer this booking to a PCC that we have seen highly recommended?  How does that work?  Does our TA still get credit or perks or payment for our booking?  

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Even though you live in a small town, is there a big box warehouse club nearby where you can shop?

On 9/30/2023 at 3:39 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

If it was a nightmare, why would you keep booking with them?  I guess I've been lucky because I've used a variety of TAs and none of them has failed to live up to my expectations.

Many many people have asked me that question. Why did I stay. I just felt bad leaving.

On 9/30/2023 at 5:44 PM, Boatdrill said:

What kind of perks are you looking for ? Onboard credit ? Paid gratuities ? Dinner in Pinnacle Grill ? Ask the TA for what you want.  A friend's agent arranges a private car service to take him from his home to the ship, and return after the cruise. The agent pays for it.  That's what he wants and the agent obliges. He's been a loyal customer to that agent for years.

I definitely had the wrong TA