Copy and paste help from Roll Call to a WORD document?

Hello.
This might be a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

I'm hosting a Meet & Greet on an upcoming cruise and have already nicely posted information to our roll call forum about it. BUT, I wanted to cut and paste what I wrote on the roll call to a WORD document and be able to save it as a PDF version so folks can print out if they want.  The issue is that when I copy and paste from the CC forum, every single time it makes lines around the wording sort of like frames or cells.  Does anyone know how to remove whatever these frames are in my draft WORD document?

I'm attaching a <snip> from the WORD doc, so you can see the "frames" I'm talking about. (see blue arrows pointing to frames)  I've tried choosing "NONE" for borders under DESIGN, and "NONE" under DRAW-- FORMAT BACKGROUND-- RULE LINES, and even NO BORDERS under TABLE DESIGN to no avail.

Any help someone can give me to eliminate these lines would be very much appreciated. Next time I'll know to create the WORD doc first.  😝

image.thumb.png.806b3b7db7067eac3dd76887e78c59cb.png

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

You could paste without formatting. Of course you will have to add back the formatting.

If you provide a link to the post you are trying to copy, (copy and paste the post #) I can check for other options.

Thanks @broberts!

If I knew how to paste without formatting, I certainly would try that.

Here's the link to the post I would like to copy and paste to WORD, then edit and upload as a PDF.  (That, I know how to do.)

Post #159
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2816315-ncl-pearl-october-6-2023-quebec-to-boston/page/7/#comment-66074073

1 hour ago, afn10305 said:

Thanks @broberts!

If I knew how to paste without formatting, I certainly would try that.

Here's the link to the post I would like to copy and paste to WORD, then edit and upload as a PDF.  (That, I know how to do.)

Post #159
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2816315-ncl-pearl-october-6-2023-quebec-to-boston/page/7/#comment-66074073

An interesting problem. One can get close using paste merge formatting, but it seems to lose all the color. 

I did find that highlighting a section and using Chrome to print to a pdf file produced reasonable results, but it's finicky and I didn't have time to see if the entire post can be done in one operation to two pages.

6 hours ago, broberts said:

An interesting problem. One can get close using paste merge formatting, but it seems to lose all the color. 

I did find that highlighting a section and using Chrome to print to a pdf file produced reasonable results, but it's finicky and I didn't have time to see if the entire post can be done in one operation to two pages.

Yes, @broberts

Thanks for trying. If you can even get it to a point where it's a word doc with regular font and no lines, I can go back in and redo font color, type, and size.

I've even tried just snipping in parts as jpgs and pasting to word, but the snips are too big to fit on the page. If all else fails, I may have to end up typing all from scratch, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

1 hour ago, afn10305 said:

Yes, @broberts

Thanks for trying. If you can even get it to a point where it's a word doc with regular font and no lines, I can go back in and redo font color, type, and size.

I've even tried just snipping in parts as jpgs and pasting to word, but the snips are too big to fit on the page. If all else fails, I may have to end up typing all from scratch, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

You should be able to get no lines with a Paste Merge Formatting in a New Word doc. All the color is lost, but the graphics and layout are preserved.

43 minutes ago, broberts said:

You should be able to get no lines with a Paste Merge Formatting in a New Word doc. All the color is lost, but the graphics and layout are preserved.

I'm not at a computer right now. Would you be kind enough to tell me under which menu I would find the Paste Merge Formatting?

3 hours ago, afn10305 said:

I'm not at a computer right now. Would you be kind enough to tell me under which menu I would find the Paste Merge Formatting?

I have an older version of Word, so I thought a picture might help. Right click in a new Word doc to produce this popup. The center button under Pate Options is the paste merge.

image.png.27d120b98e2a0c32eeb53a83e2557ef2.png

It produced a couple of pages, the first of which looked like

image.png.d37109f6b928d34a9737307ebdb9dd4a.png

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, broberts said:

I have an older version of Word, so I thought a picture might help. Right click in a new Word doc to produce this popup. The center button under Pate Options is the paste merge.

image.png.27d120b98e2a0c32eeb53a83e2557ef2.png

It produced a couple of pages, the first of which looked like

image.png.d37109f6b928d34a9737307ebdb9dd4a.png

@broberts

Thank you SO much!  Once you told me about format merging, I was able to recreate my document and save it as a PDF. I would not have ever learned that little trick without your assistance! 👍🏻