Does Celebrity again donate discarded clothing left on ships?

skoeper

Before the pandemic, Celebrity had some kind of program to donate discarded clothing left on ships to ports they visited.   That stopped because of Covid.   When cruising started back up, they hadn't begun to do that again at our last Behind the Scenes ship tour.   Does anyone know if they've begun that program again?

6 hours ago, peanut head said:

As of this past February, when we last sailed, I was informed that they do donate the clothes.

Thank you,  I won't leave anything on the ship then.   I did love that program in the past!

2 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

"As of this past February, when we last sailed, I was informed that they do donate the clothes."

Ahhhh!!!  HOW did I miss the DO?????    That makes me happy, thanks for pointing out my mis-read.   

You're very welcome!!! I'm a retired Director of Training & Development responsible for proof reading every piece of developed training materials before they were finalized and printed!!

Having said this, fortunately I've caught quite a few of my owns typos before I hit the send key🤩!!

Edited by Loracpin2
addition
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

You're very welcome!!! I'm a retired Director of Training & Development responsible for proof reading every piece of developed training materials before they were finalized and printed!!

Having said this, fortunately I've caught quite a few of my owns typos before I hit the send key🤩!!

Wow!   And I'm known as the "proof reader friend" in my circle, lol.   Yet, reading first thing in the morning and with no glasses on has demoted me!😂😂

Now - on the subject of donated clothes, is there a bin somewhere or should we leave them in our cabins when we disembark like in the past?

1 minute ago, skoeper said:

Wow!   And I'm known as the "proof reader friend" in my circle, lol.   Yet, reading first thing in the morning and with no glasses on has demoted me!😂😂

Now - on the subject of donated clothes, is there a bin somewhere or should we leave them in our cabins when we disembark like in the past?

I've never noticed a bin for donated clothes and have always just left them in the cabin. 

P.S. I'm typing this wil my glasses on!😎

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

I've never noticed a bin for donated clothes and have always just left them in the cabin. 

P.S. I'm typing this wil my glasses on!😎

Do you mean WITH your glasses on???    😂.    Sorry, I had to razz ya!!!!

I have read on another thread (maybe for another cruise line) that there was a bin.  Didn't know if that was new for Celebrity or just how they did it.    I'll do what you do then!

14 minutes ago, skoeper said:

Do you mean WITH your glasses on???    😂.    Sorry, I had to razz ya!!!!

I have read on another thread (maybe for another cruise line) that there was a bin.  Didn't know if that was new for Celebrity or just how they did it.    I'll do what you do then!

....and this is what happens when I don't proof read before I hit send!!!😂 

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, skoeper said:

There is no "bin".  Leave them in your cabin (neatly folded) with a note that it is for donation.  Otherwise, they may assume you left the clothing/shoes/toiletries by mistake and not donate it.

13 minutes ago, peanut head said:

There is no "bin".  Leave them in your cabin (neatly folded) with a note that it is for donation.  Otherwise, they may assume you left the clothing/shoes/toiletries by mistake and not donate it.

I thought of that and have taken a garbage bag and written "Donation" already 🙂   I sure don't want them mailing the stuff back to me, lol

• Like 1