A case of water

smj

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The ships water is perfectly fine to drink. You can take a refillable bottle to the ocean view and replenish it there.

concerns about swollen ankles are misguided.   It is not the water at fault, it is the salty food.  Also consider that it is the same water used to make the coffee, tea, the soup, the ice cubes.  If it caused swollen ankles every single person on the ship would be suffering.

The humidity has more to do with swollen ankles , stay in the ac where the humidity is low and in MOST cases your ankles will be ok , unless you have other problems 😁
You can always get a Brita bottle with a filter in it 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

I thought I'd query with Celebrity and just received the following email.

Quote:
" Thank you for reaching out to us, I am happy to help.
Celebrity Cruises offers a wide variety of beverages on our vessels. We serve Coca-Cola products but allow guests to carry on any non-alcoholic drink of their preference, including bottled water, even if that particular selection is also offered on board. Regarding limitations, guests are only permitted to bring aboard what they are able to personally hand-carry onto the ship. Kindly note that any personal beverages you bring aboard must be stored in your stateroom, and your room’s minibar can hold a very limited number of items.
In terms of alcoholic drinks, on embarkation day, guests are allowed to bring a maximum of two bottles of wine or champagne with them per stateroom. No other alcoholic beverages are permitted to be carried on. Kindly note, there is a $25.00-per-bottle corkage fee for guests who choose to consume this alcohol in any of the ship’s bars, lounges, or restaurants. This corkage fee does not apply to those who have a Classic or Premium Beverage Package.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard Celebrity"
Unquote
Edited by Bullswood
  • Thanks 3

On 9/29/2023 at 12:05 PM, smj said:

We will be sailing on the Silhouette out of Ft. Lauderdale. Is it possible to bring a case of bottled water, leave it with the porters and have it delivered to the cabin?

Not sure it is followed however the FAQs say you have to carry it on with you and not check it with the porters.

We are back from Silhouette. Our solution was to bring our refillable water bottles which Oceania had given us on past cruises. It worked very well. I would go up once a day and refill 3 bottles then take them back to our cabin. The water ar the cafe tasted very good but the water our of the bath faucet did not taste so good.

Welk back before  9/11 all cruise lines (except Carnival) allowed guests to carry on any beverages they wanted. And on RCCL, you could buy spirits cheap in the onboard liquor store for consumption in one’s room.  Then, shortly thereafter, changes happened. Suddenly, cruisers on RCCL were prohibited from bringing any beverages onboard. Luggage was X rayed and any drinks were held until cruise end. On board liquor stores wouldn’t allow purchases to be taken to the rooms, but were kept until disembarkation . Then the stores disappeared.  Soon. All mass market lines followed RCCL. And so we quit cruising on mass market lines. we confined ourselves to AI lux lines. This means we don’t cruise as often, but come home happier.. I have always believed that the cruise lines used 9/11 as an excuse to X ray and search luggage —not for bombs and guns — but to stop “bring on” beverages from  depriving them from revenue from their over—priced on board beverages. Just my opinion. But we haven’t cruised in a line or category that wasn’t AI onboard since early 2002.