A case of water

smj

4 hours ago, Roxie888 said:

Yes. Just put one of your luggage tags on it. 

Wait, you mean buy like a 24 pack of packaged bottled water, put a luggage tag on it and the porters will take it to your room?  That would be awesome. 

edit:  I guess I would need to take some tape with me to do this.   

Edited by kywildcatfanone

21 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Wait, you mean buy like a 24 pack of packaged bottled water, put a luggage tag on it and the porters will take it to your room?  That would be awesome. 

edit:  I guess I would need to take some tape with me to do this.   

Yep. We got one of the target reusable bags and tied up the handles tightly and stapled the luggage tag to it. Gave the porter $5 tip to ensure it got on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Or carry a refillable water bottle - the RO water used on the ship is very nice.  

That’s a personal choice. I found that my ankles were swelling from drinking the ships water and halfway through my last trip I switched to bottled water and swelling went down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Roxie888 said:

Yep. We got one of the target reusable bags and tied up the handles tightly and stapled the luggage tag to it. Gave the porter $5 tip to ensure it got on 

Oh, yes, of course.  Take a bag with handles it would fit in and tag it.  That's a great idea.  Will do that next week.

Am also going to get some soda to take on, but I think it's more fragile and I'll carry it myself. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

When I was on Millennium 2/18 out of San Juan, I brought 4-1 gallon bottles to check with my luggage (as I had always done in the past) and was told they are not allowed to check it. I had to carry all 4 bottles on board with me. Not sure if it is a Celebrity rule or a Pan America rule, but it was definitely a rule. 

2 hours ago, Giraffes said:

When I was on Millennium 2/18 out of San Juan, I brought 4-1 gallon bottles to check with my luggage (as I had always done in the past) and was told they are not allowed to check it. I had to carry all 4 bottles on board with me. Not sure if it is a Celebrity rule or a Pan America rule, but it was definitely a rule. 

Interesting.  Some have posted, as in this thread, no issues checking bottled water.  We are leaving out of FLL, so curious about there from recent experiences.

I suppose for me, if I got there and they said carry on, I just take it with me, but would anyone recently out of FLL comment on this?

We have found FLL security to not really care what you have when we cruised with Princess as far as water and soda.

3 hours ago, Giraffes said:

One other comment after re-reading your post.  You had 1 gallon jugs, so those are more fragile than 6, 12, or 24 wrapped water bottles, so maybe that was the reason.  

It wasn't necessarily a security thing. I had no problem bringing them on, I just had to carry them myself.

As far as being more fragile, they were still wrapped together in the shrink plastic from the store, so no different than a 6, 12 or 24 case.

22 minutes ago, puggymom said:

Can you pre purchase a case of water to be delivered to your cabin?   I looked in my planner and couldn't find anything?  Drink package is very expensive for my cruise so not worth buying that.

Thanks

Buy a case. Tape a luggage tag on it. It will arrive at your cabin.

18 hours ago, puggymom said:

Can you pre purchase a case of water to be delivered to your cabin?   I looked in my planner and couldn't find anything?  Drink package is very expensive for my cruise so not worth buying that.

Thanks

Celebrity does not offer that currently.  You either buy a drink package, pay a la carte, or bring your own from somewhere else. 

• 2 months later...

Just noticed in our pre-departure FAQs that under "Prohibited Items" are included "Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic beverages" with a footnote that:

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned."

Is including non-alcoholic beverages anything new? Is bringing a  couple of dozen sodas/mineral waters still being accepted in practice?

Edited by Bullswood

It's absolutely insane that we have to consider doing this.  The freakin cruise costs enough as it is.  We drink at least 10 bottles a day between us.  Without the package, the all carte cost is beyond ridiculous.   IT'S WATER for goodness sakes.   

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:33 AM, mkkao924 said:

I thought you have to carry the water yourself as carry in? Or that only applies to sodas, and water can be treated as luggage? And isn’t Celebrity banning plastic bottles?

Celebrity is trying to find alternatives to plastic for the water they sell, trying both paper cartons and aluminum cans, but they are stilling selling water in plastic bottles and have not banned them.

2 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

It's absolutely insane that we have to consider doing this.  The freakin cruise costs enough as it is.  We drink at least 10 bottles a day between us.  Without the package, the all carte cost is beyond ridiculous.   IT'S WATER for goodness sakes.   

The ships water is perfectly fine to drink. You can take a refillable bottle to the ocean view and replenish it there.

concerns about swollen ankles are misguided.   It is not the water at fault, it is the salty food.  Also consider that it is the same water used to make the coffee, tea, the soup, the ice cubes.  If it caused swollen ankles every single person on the ship would be suffering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The ships water is perfectly fine to drink. You can take a refillable bottle to the ocean view and replenish it there.

concerns about swollen ankles are misguided.   It is not the water at fault, it is the salty food.  Also consider that it is the same water used to make the coffee, tea, the soup, the ice cubes.  If it caused swollen ankles every single person on the ship would be suffering.

Agreed