Follow up to mini survey

scottie99

We dined at the Wake on Friday.  Service was slow and my food, steak, potato, mushrooms all arrived lukewarm.

As we had waited so long, I didn’t send it back. That night, getting back to our cabin, I completed the short survey sent via the App and mentioned these things.

I was amazed next night when we were sitting in Pink Agave that a restaurant manager approached us, confirmed our cabin number and proceeded to discuss our comments on the previous evening.  They had obviously gone to some trouble to seek us out.

She invited us back to the Wake but that didn’t work well us visiting Gunbae last night 

• Like 2

Yes, they do pay attention to those "how was it" surveys in the app.

And your experience at The Wake corresponds with ours.  On our 15 night sailing, we ate there once and then canceled all future reservations there.  The Wake had 3 managers standing around, looking officious while at other restaurants, the managers were jumping in to help any time they saw something that needed to be done--clearing tables to get new people seated more quickly, etc. Sad, as we had anticipated The Wake to be one of our favorites.  It was a FAR  cry from the quality of steak houses or upcharge restaurants on other lines.

Edited by cantgetin

7 hours ago, scottie99 said:

I was amazed next night when we were sitting in Pink Agave that a restaurant manager approached us, confirmed our cabin number and proceeded to discuss our comments on the previous evening.  They had obviously gone to some trouble to seek us out.

Yep, the Wake is just not a great dining experience for whatever reason. We had a great first meal on our first sailing on Scarlet Lady but the second meal was meh. It's now our brunch spot, but not dinner.

As for the survey, yes they do read them and thanks to the sea bands they can find us easily to discuss. We had the same thing happen on Sky Princess recently. A less than stellar meal at Sabatini's led to the dining captain finding us in the MDR the following night thanks to the Ocean Medallion. We had a pleasant 10 minute discussion and an invite to the Crown Grill the following evening. The dining captain brought out the head chef at dinner and also offered another meal the following night. For the rest of the cruise he checked in on us and even met us at the buffet on disembarkation day to check how our cruise was.  Good customer service will bring you back to a cruise line every time and those wearable devices make it so much easier for the management to engage with us. 

• Like 2

The surveys, and crew chat feature are taken very seriously.

One day the Dock was completely crowded and they only had 1 or 2 servers, and we had already waited 15-20 minutes to order something. When I sent a message that they were overwhelmed, they sent an entire "emergency response team" of servers to help out.

Other lines pay attention too. On our very first HAL sailing, we dined at their specialty steakhouse.

The service was bad, and the food "meh" so I cancelled our remaining reservations for that sailing. The next day the F&B manager tracked us down to find out what was wrong. I hadn't even complained, just cancelled.

• Like 3

We had a ridiculous experience in the galley a couple voyages ago, where they wouldn’t let you order a salad from the salad bar, you had to sit down and dictate your custom build-a-salad toppings to a server who would frantically try to write them all down. The rationale? They had too many guests onboard (only 1,800?), and having a traditional salad bar setup would make it too slow. Guess what, trying to interpret hastily scribbled ingredients does nothing to speed up a service line…

Filled out a survey and spoke to a manager in the galley that afternoon, but a F&B manager found me in pink agave that night to say that yes it was ridiculous and to see if I needed anything else.  Happy to hear that they very quickly stopped doing that!

They seem to be super responsive onboard *if* people actually provide feedback in real time.  Some people just come home and complain about this or that but never actually tell anyone onboard who can help correct course!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1