Gangway F Los Angelese

lindaa

Hooray! Our cruise documents came today for our April trip to Mexico. But I'm confused and hope someone can straighten me out!

We are taking our extended family on this trip. Seven out of Nine of us have Gangway F. The other two are Gangway A. Since our rooms are all together, I'm not sure what this means? Is it used for loading the luggage or the people??? It concerns me that perhaps Princess does not realize that we are a group that is all together. Especially in the dining room. I would hate to have the family broken up at different tables. The reservations were made and paid for at the same time and our travel agent advised Princess that we were a family travelling together.

Thanks for any help...:confused:

Means where your luggage will be loaded onto the ship..

F= Forward M= Mid A= Aft..

Makes it easier for the luggage to get to your room.

If they are all together, why would some luggage go forward and some aft:confused:

For your peace of mind, call your TA or Princess, if you booked directly, and make sure your reservations are linked. Do you have Anytime dining or Traditional? If you have Anytime, then go right away once you board to see if you can get a standing reservation for 9 if you want to dine together.

Boy this is really strange if F is Forward. Our rooms are C425, C423, etc... I thought that was midship, so shouldn't we have an "M" Gangway.

Thanks for the advise to call the TA. Left her a voicemail for Monday. We have traditional early dining.

Thanks all...

Boy this is really strange if F is Forward. Our rooms are C425, C423, etc... I thought that was midship, so shouldn't we have an "M" Gangway.

Thanks for the advise to call the TA. Left her a voicemail for Monday. We have traditional early dining.

Thanks all...

Sometimes they do not load midship..

Largin is correct about the gangway designation – it has to do with luggage loading and not room assignment. The logistics about luggage loading and delivery are a mystery to most of us – I wouldn’t worry about the designation on the luggage tags.

We disembarked the Sapphire Princess last week and our luggage tags had "F" on them and our cabin was mid-ship. BTW, our luggage was delivered to the cabin in a timely manner. Not to worry...

Thanks everyone... It is so strange that one of our rooms that have two guests, one has gangway A on their documents and one has gangway F on the other set of documents. I guess as long as the cabin number is on the tag, the luggage will get there.

Archived