Rewards from Carnival MasterCard

Susan in Maine

I'm confused. I got the Carnival MasterCard, bought something, paid it off, and got my 20,000 points. I redeemed my point on September 18 for (2) $100 Carnival Digital Gift cards. They sent me an email receipt with a redemption number, which also said 'Standard Delivery' and 'Estimated Delivery Date 7 - 10 business days.

So for those of you who have done this before, do I get something in the mail, or are they digital and do I use the Redemption number to redeem them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Susan

Whenever I have redeemed points for the cruise ship cash onboard credit, I had to provide my cruise booking #, date and ship name and  it does state estimated delivery 7-10 days but I never received anything in the mail.  But my credit has always been on my account when I boarded the ship right on time. I have done this for the past 7 or 8 cruises.

There is a link in that email to see your "Rewards Activity".  That link will take you to Barclay's site where you will need to log in to see your rewards activity.  There will be another link on that page to view your Digital Gift Card.  Hopefully that helps...

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Does the charge have to be for a Carnival purchase or can you purchase anything?

You can purchase anything, but there are different spend/reward offers, just read whatever offer you are applying for carefully.

2 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

You can purchase anything, but there are different spend/reward offers, just read whatever offer you are applying for carefully.

That's just it.  I read the T&C for the 20,000 points on their mastercard and found it very ambiguous. So I called Barclays and spoke with an agent who didn't speak English very well.  According to her I can charge anything for any amount and get the points.  

I have final payment on a cruise at the end of this month.  I had already purchased gift cards from AARP to pay off this cruise but still had a small balance under $100.  I asked if this would be an acceptable  charge and she said yes.   I hope she's right.  If I get the points I plan to convert them to OBC for this cruise in February.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

That's just it.  I read the T&C for the 20,000 points on their mastercard and found it very ambiguous. So I called Barclays and spoke with an agent who didn't speak English very well.  According to her I can charge anything for any amount and get the points.  

I have final payment on a cruise at the end of this month.  I had already purchased gift cards from AARP to pay off this cruise but still had a small balance under $100.  I asked if this would be an acceptable  charge and she said yes.   I hope she's right.  If I get the points I plan to convert them to OBC for this cruise in February.

You get double points for a Carnival purchase and 10% off excursions on a Carnival cruise if you use your card.

19 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

You can also redeem points for a statement credit, against any travel related purchases.  That's usually what I do, rather than go through the OBC process.  If you have a single purchase over $1500, it's 1.5x redemption value.  So I'll usually just charge the cruise total if it's over $1500 and redeem points for a statement credit.  Or, we tend to spend a bit on board, I'll redeem it on the post cruise charge, since it's usually over $1500.  It's easier and a little better return.  

• Thanks 1