Meraviglia - Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

jm2341

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

At least a mile would be a very cheap Uber/Lyft ride!

You are braver than we are, I can't imagine getting a Uber ride in NYC, from a place we are not familiar with.   Also we also do not have smart phones.  

25 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

You are braver than we are, I can't imagine getting a Uber ride in NYC, from a place we are not familiar with.   Also we also do not have smart phones.  

Ah, yeah, getting an Uber without a smart phone would be tricky, but why would you hesitate to take an Uber/Lyft in NYC? I would expect most out-of-towners to prefer that over public transportation. I am really comfortable taking the subway just to get around town, but with luggage, I always do Uber/Lyft.

There are local car rentals in "downtown" Brooklyn even in the Brooklyn Marriot. All the majors have them. Hertz calls them HLE or Hertz Local Edition and I've used them for rentals. Avis and Enterprise also have them and it is a simple Uber ride to the port. Hertz at  92 Boerum Pl, Brooklyn, NY 11201 is only 2 miles away from the Brooklyn Port for example.

Edited by Brighton Line

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 9:04 AM, JCMass. said:

We are trying to figure out the best way to get to the Red Hook Terminal in Brooklyn from the Boston area.  We are only going one way, and flying back from Europe.   Flying seems expensive with too much risk of delays and lost luggage, train just seems to difficult with heavy luggage.  We have thought of driving a rental/zip car.   Has anyone tried this ?

Not sure that renting/driving/returning a car is worth the time/hassle. NY and Boston have great (economical) connections by rail and air. Delta regularly has flights from BOS-LGA in the $90 pp range, and the Northeast Regional on Amtrak can be super affordable (like $30 pp). You can even get business class and a reserved seat on the Acela for ~$100 with a little advanced planning.