Martini tasting on the Sunshine

RogBus101

Please come back a post a review of your trip.  I am taking my daughters and grandchildren on the ship next March.  This past week, while on vacation at Wild Dunes in Isle of Palms, we saw the Sunshine leaving the port of Charleston.

IMG_6187.jpg

5 hours ago, RogBus101 said:

Hi, all going on the carnival sunshine October 9th sailing celebrating my retirement. Do they offer the 4 martini tasting? I want to toast my retirement if they do,if not I'll still toast it.

Most cruises offer a martini class at Alchemy on the last day. I think it is $30 per person and you make 4 or 5 martinis plus get a crash course in Alchemy bartending. We have done it a couple of times with our favorite Alchemy bar tender.

7 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Most cruises offer a martini class at Alchemy on the last day. I think it is $30 per person and you make 4 or 5 martinis plus get a crash course in Alchemy bartending. We have done it a couple of times with our favorite Alchemy bar tender.

Thanks I'm so looking forward to it!!! 30 dollars is deal.

23 minutes ago, RogBus101 said:

Thanks I'm so looking forward to it!!! 30 dollars is deal.

Go to Alchemy the 1st day and sign up. Space is limited. I think they only allow a dozen people or so. Also, the martinis are the smaller half-size glasses, so you won't be getting a full size martini. But it is stll a lot of fun and hands on and educational and they give great mixology tips and tricks for your at-home bartending.

Edited by stobe1

I'm thinking what you originally asked about is the "mini martini" tasting for like $18 or so. You pick four flavors from the selection and then you are tested, trying to identify each "martini". I'm pretty sure that is offered every Embarkation Day at Alchemy on practically every ship we have sailed on. Make sure you ask for the martini glass trinket when you are done with your guess.  One time they forgot and I had to ask.  I like my trinkets!😅

Have a wonderful retirement cruise!!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm thinking what you originally asked about is the "mini martini" tasting for like $18 or so. You pick four flavors from the selection and then you are tested, trying to identify each "martini". I'm pretty sure that is offered every Embarkation Day at Alchemy on practically every ship we have sailed on. Make sure you ask for the martini glass trinket when you are done with your guess.  One time they forgot and I had to ask.  I like my trinkets!😅

Have a wonderful retirement cruise!!!

Thank you!! Been retired one week I like it! I'm going to enjoy all 4