Cabin information

Wayco

8000 is a penthouse - if you aren’t troubled by seasickness its a great cabin. I have done a TA on it and its location is great - nothing above that is noisy and nothing below to trouble you, close enough to the lifts to make everything accessible. You don’t hear anything from the officers quarters and as those cabins don’t have a balcony there is a good windbreak because of the layout so it’s lovely to sit on the balcony whilst at sea. 

My favourite cabin! 

Edited to add: I am surprised it is available - as it usually snapped up 🙂

Edited by ToxM
More info

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

8000 is a penthouse - if you aren’t troubled by seasickness its a great cabin. I have done a TA on it and its location is great - nothing above that is noisy and nothing below to trouble you, close enough to the lifts to make everything accessible. You don’t hear anything from the officers quarters and as those cabins don’t have a balcony there is a good windbreak because of the layout so it’s lovely to sit on the balcony whilst at sea. 

My favourite cabin! 

Edited to add: I am surprised it is available - as it usually snapped up 🙂

Hmmm... I just looked more carefully at the Deck Plans.

It looks like the balcony has a good windbreak... along with *not* having any forward views (unless one peers forward over the handrail?).

Being able to "see where we are going" is important to us (yes, even if it's just sea and more sea 😉 ).  At least a balcony further back has some "vaguely forward" diagonal views.  (Our favorites are forward facing accommodations, no surprise.  But there aren't PH suites like that on the Riviera or Marina, alas.)
We had noticed 8000 due to what seemed to be an unusually quiet location for the R ship PH suites.  So, maybe not after all.

OTOH, the more we think about the small size of the Penthouse "Suite", and reports of the bathroom size, maybe that's not for us anyway.  Too bad, as there is at least one itinerary we've noticed that is not (yet?) offered on the larger O ships.

Plus... we'd seriously miss the regular Specialty restaurants.

And that great therapy pool on the Riviera spa deck.

I guess we'll stick with the Riviera, and perhaps Marina.

We haven't returned to cruising post-Covid, so we are *really* missing it!

GC

Connecting cabins are notoriously noisy. It wouldn't be my choice on any ship.

Have you looked at the itineraries for the newest ship VISTA? It's passenger complement is smaller than either the Marina or Riveria although the ship is about the same size. And, it's shiny new.

19 minutes ago, alcpa1 said:

Connecting cabins are notoriously noisy. It wouldn't be my choice on any ship.

Have you looked at the itineraries for the newest ship VISTA? It's passenger complement is smaller than either the Marina or Riveria although the ship is about the same size. And, it's shiny new.

I was worried about being in a connecting cabin (near the elevators, no less) on a recent cruise on another cruise line. It was not problem. In fact, it was so quiet, I thought that the cabin next door was empty ... until I met my neighbors on the balcony. On my upcoming Vista cruise, I will be in a connecting cabin. Hope it is as quiet as the one on the other ship.

5 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

Hmmm... I just looked more carefully at the Deck Plans.

It looks like the balcony has a good windbreak... along with *not* having any forward views (unless one peers forward over the handrail?).

Being able to "see where we are going" is important to us (yes, even if it's just sea and more sea 😉 ).  At least a balcony further back has some "vaguely forward" diagonal views.  (Our favorites are forward facing accommodations, no surprise.  But there aren't PH suites like that on the Riviera or Marina, alas.)
We had noticed 8000 due to what seemed to be an unusually quiet location for the R ship PH suites.  So, maybe not after all.

OTOH, the more we think about the small size of the Penthouse "Suite", and reports of the bathroom size, maybe that's not for us anyway.  Too bad, as there is at least one itinerary we've noticed that is not (yet?) offered on the larger O ships.

Plus... we'd seriously miss the regular Specialty restaurants.

And that great therapy pool on the Riviera spa deck.

I guess we'll stick with the Riviera, and perhaps Marina.

We haven't returned to cruising post-Covid, so we are *really* missing it!

GC

I would say that if you sit on the right hand side of the balcony your view would be the same as any other PH view looking forward.