Live on Equinox - any questions?

a1betpr

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

Is Katarina your butler?  If so, you have one of the best we have had the pleasure to meet.  Please tell her that Guy and Susan send her a huge hug!

Katarina is indeed our butler!  If we see her in the morning we’ll say hello from you.

38 minutes ago, MattnTricia said:

Any comments about the availability of wine on a per glass basis? We are sailing in   November and am curious how the selection is.   Last update I saw from Prof Cruise was back in spring. 

TIA for any feedback

The wine by the glass situation seems a little bit grim but honestly we drank by the bottle all week so it wouldn’t really be fair to comment.  We drink red wine pretty much exclusively and the couple of glasses we had on board were either Decoy or Souverain Cabernets, both of which are fine. We asked to have one of our complementary liquor bottles switched to a Cabernet and they gave us a bottle of 2021 Caymus, which was a spectacular trade in my opinion.  The champagne situation though is more grim.  We are not champagne snobs at all but the Heisinger or whatever it was they served us was practically undrinkable.  Most bars also have Chandon which is better but that’s about it.  You can get Veuve and Dom and other higher end bubblies by the bottle but not by the glass.  Our complementary bottle of champagne provided in our suite was Moet&Chandon, which we like.  The beer selection is ok, and they added Paulaner Oktoberfest beer on the fifth day which was much appreciated - I was in the Paulaner tent in Munich just a couple of weeks ago!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a1betpr said:

The wine by the glass situation seems a little bit grim but honestly we drank by the bottle all week so it wouldn’t really be fair to comment.  We drink red wine pretty much exclusively and the couple of glasses we had on board were either Decoy or Souverain Cabernets, both of which are fine. We asked to have one of our complementary liquor bottles switched to a Cabernet and they gave us a bottle of 2021 Caymus, which was a spectacular trade in my opinion.  The champagne situation though is more grim.  We are not champagne snobs at all but the Heisinger or whatever it was they served us was practically undrinkable.  Most bars also have Chandon which is better but that’s about it.  You can get Veuve and Dom and other higher end bubblies by the bottle but not by the glass.  Our complementary bottle of champagne provided in our suite was Moet&Chandon, which we like.  The beer selection is ok, and they added Paulaner Oktoberfest beer on the fifth day which was much appreciated - I was in the Paulaner tent in Munich just a couple of weeks ago!

Kind of what I am expecting although if I can find a decent cab like Decoy for most meals that will definitely work,  Was hoping for a little better news on selection improvement though. 

Thanks for all the info. We’ve done a few celebrity cruises but not since the pandemic. We’re looking to book a Royal suite on reflection in a few months so it’s good to see some positive news on CC 🙂 

I know you’re not eating dinner in Luminae but I remember the sommelier would pour any wine by the glass even if it’s not listed as available by the glass. I wonder if they still do that. That was a nice benefit. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 1:31 PM, ATLgirl15 said:

Thanks for all the info. We’ve done a few celebrity cruises but not since the pandemic. We’re looking to book a Royal suite on reflection in a few months so it’s good to see some positive news on CC 🙂 

I know you’re not eating dinner in Luminae but I remember the sommelier would pour any wine by the glass even if it’s not listed as available by the glass. I wonder if they still do that. That was a nice benefit. 

We were on Equinox in September and in a Penthouse suite.  DH asked for a glass of a specific red wine (I forget what it was) and he was told that it would be an extra charge.  I think this is all within Celebrity's recent "crack down" on extras.