Britannia - Refurb? And Cocktails? 😃

Cruise enquirer

Arvia disembarkation last April was absolute chaos. i arrived at my group meeting place and there was nobody there except a crew member who said just get off.

On arrival in the baggage hall i was met with several hundred people and two ques to exit  extending back to almost the entrance. With even more passengers arriving some 'enterprising' passengers started a third queue. Of course passengers in the other queues were not happy and the stewards were hard pressed to deal with the attempted push ins etc. It took 40 minutes to leave the hall.

On 10/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, Cruise enquirer said:

Hello Folks

We have had one successful cruise with Britannia, one of our best, and we are considering one next year. But I have a couple of questions i thought i would share with you wise bunch…

1] Refurb/dry dock

i think she is due one in April, there is a gap in her itinerary, but i cant find anything about this. Anybody got any intel on this?

i dont know why, but i fear she will drop the fix dining time, which suits my family (ps. i have no evidence for this), so am interested in what’s proposed. With the changes that Iona and Arvia have brought, i do wonder whether the style of cruise she offers may change.

2] Cocktails

one of the issues we had last time was the poor drinks package, and generally limited cocktails list, well compared to most cruise lines. It’s a holiday pleasure for us.

The drinks list on P&O website is underwhelming, re cocktails etc, but i think it could be better in the Blue Bar or Andersons. Anybody recall what these were like? Were they different to other bars. Would they do a classic thats  not on the menu?

ok, first world questions, but it would appreciate any thoughts.

many thanks 

I'm on fixed dining on Britannia in May 2024