Sun Princess Casual Dining Options?

tkline

Does anyone know where we can get a list of which restaurants on the ship will be totally free, or listed as casual dining and specialty dining?

We have the princess plus package for our cruise and thought that would be fine, but I just read you only get 2 casual dining meals per cruise. We don't go near the buffet, but we do like Alfredo's pizza a lot and I was just watching a video saying Alfredos is considered casual now. We also like getting burgers on the top deck, and that's also casual too. So I'm wondering if we need to upgrade to the premier plan, but don't know if it's worth an extra $200 for the cruise.

Anyway I was googling and having a hard time finding an actual list of which restaurant counts as which now. They kind of just list all of the restaurants all on 1 page, unless I'm missing something.

1 hour ago, tkline said:

Does anyone know where we can get a list of which restaurants on the ship will be totally free, or listed as casual dining and specialty dining?

We have the princess plus package for our cruise and thought that would be fine, but I just read you only get 2 casual dining meals per cruise. We don't go near the buffet, but we do like Alfredo's pizza a lot and I was just watching a video saying Alfredos is considered casual now. We also like getting burgers on the top deck, and that's also casual too. So I'm wondering if we need to upgrade to the premier plan, but don't know if it's worth an extra $200 for the cruise.

Anyway I was googling and having a hard time finding an actual list of which restaurant counts as which now. They kind of just list all of the restaurants all on 1 page, unless I'm missing something.

Casual dining on Sun Princess is most likely Alfredo's, O'Malley's Irish Pub and Kai Sushi  - see the table of casual dining menus and what's included in the cover charge in this post

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tkline said:

We also like getting burgers on the top deck, and that's also casual too. 

You may be confusing The SaltyDogGrill where the burgers, hot dogs, and other foods usually on the lido/pool deck which is still included in all cruise fares with The SaltyDogGastroPub, which is the sit down Casual Dining venue located on a few ships and has always had a fee to use, but now has a prix fixed $14.99 menu and ala carte pricing.

On Royal class ships, the only one that does not have complimentary Pizza usually at Slice is the Majestic Princess, but the Majestic has the Noodle bar instead which is complimentary on the pool deck.

Edited by wallyj